OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

I loved the OGs. I killed all 3 GR colorways my sophomore year in college. Navy’s were my favorite cw. I never once wore the strap for any of em. They were one of the best shoes I ever played in at the time but I’m wondering how I’d appreciate them now. All I know is the other shoes from that era that I thought were goat status and the retros felt like bricks were the AZG and 2k4.

I’m passing for retail though. If y’all hoop in these please drop a review, especially if you played in OGs.

I loved the OGs. I killed all 3 GR colorways my sophomore year in college. Navy’s were my favorite cw. I never once wore the strap for any of em. They were one of the best shoes I ever played in at the time but I’m wondering how I’d appreciate them now. All I know is the other shoes from that era that I thought were goat status and the retros felt like bricks were the AZG and 2k4.

I’m passing for retail though. If y’all hoop in these please drop a review, especially if you played in OGs.
Good point, albeit the retros we got for both the AZG and the 2K4, imo, weren’t done well. I’m hoping they make these as true to the OGs as possible, but if the 8s and 9s I have are indication, they won’t be… sadly.

Good point, albeit the retros we got for both the AZG and the 2K4, imo, weren’t done well. I’m hoping they make these as true to the OGs as possible, but if the 8s and 9s I have are indication, they won’t be… sadly.
Did you hoop on both og and retro AZG?

Ideally 2 pairs of 2 retros each. That Maccabi Tel Aviv colorway is nice. But man the OG colorways of the 2 despite them not giving us much was a fun time.

When we gonna get the 20-5-5s tho. They my second favorite lebrons after the 3s.

8E6E2717-1CB2-441D-817D-3779ACE81CF9.jpeg

Ken Link was in his bag that era. The LeBron II and then later that year these gems. These 20-5-5 were awesome and the camping behind it was so raw and pure.

High-res pictures from SBD.

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-4.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-5.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-3-1.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-4-1.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-6.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-2-1.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-7.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-8.jpeg

Nike-LeBron-2-USA-Midnight-Navy-2022-DR0826-100-Release-Date-9.jpeg

I forgot how beautiful these are. Now I'm debating about these or the Trainer 1s in the midnight navy color.

These bring me back to freshmen year memories in HS. Couldn't afford shoes except for 1 pair a year, and it was between these in black and red or the Zoom Vick 2s, and I went for the Vick 2s. Then I got these later on in 2009 along with the 1s and the 3s in a bundle price of $200 total! Good *** times.

Damn, do I wanna contribute to LeBron's healthcare regimen by paying the supposed $215 for these?... Probably.

Ken Link was in his bag that era. The LeBron II and then later that year these gems. These 20-5-5 were awesome and the camping behind it was so raw and pure.
Agree, lots of underrated heat from that era. People getting shoes for the love and not the hype. Just to share, just yesterday decided to let go of a pair of 20-5-5 Samples i got in Japantown in LA. They had these Chinese characters in the back. They went like 30 minutes after i posted them. I shoulda checked here first to understand the love they still had cause i let them go for cheap. But i remember these were great outdoor shoes, they were soooo secure with the straps and overall build. Hope with the release of the 2's is just the beginning of more releases from that era, would love to get those olympic 20-5-5's that alluded me somehow back then.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.31.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.31.23 PM.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 768
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.31.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.31.13 PM.png
    519.3 KB · Views: 1,203
Agree, lots of underrated heat from that era. People getting shoes for the love and not the hype. Just to share, just yesterday decided to let go of a pair of 20-5-5 Samples i got in Japantown in LA. They had these Chinese characters in the back. They went like 30 minutes after i posted them. I shoulda checked here first to understand the love they still had cause i let them go for cheap. But i remember these were great outdoor shoes, they were soooo secure with the straps and overall build. Hope with the release of the 2's is just the beginning of more releases from that era, would love to get those olympic 20-5-5's that alluded me somehow back then.
They were so comfortable! Like, amazingly comfortable! I had the all black and medium grey pair. One of my favorite shoes I’ve owned.

If the Big Bang LeBron 9’s went on sale, I fully expect these to as well. That’s when I may scoop the white/navy pair just cuz 🤷🏽‍♂️
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Even in 04-05 when the 2’s released, they weren’t really popular here in the DMV.. When I got them, people were actually hating on them. It was a few that had them, but not really a lot. They even went on sale too. All three colors. I strongly doubt it’s going to be many checking on these. Probably the 30 and up club, but not many overall.

Back
Top Bottom