OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

Off rip...quite a few Jordan retros, Kobe 6, Kobe 8, yeezy 700 boost, some nicer New Balances.

Comfort + build quality + longevity + timeless aesthetic = worth

I just think Nike has gone way WAY overboard with the Lebron retro prices. And judging by how nearly all of them have reached discount, I'm not alone.

Off rip...quite a few Jordan retros, Kobe 6, Kobe 8, yeezy 700 boost, some nicer New Balances.

I just think Nike has gone way WAY overboard with the Lebron retro prices. And judging by how nearly all of them have reached discount, I'm not alone.
None of those are worth the price to me.

I agree with you at how much Nike has gone overboard with the pricing of LeBron retros.

The prices for these and the IXs are crazy. I did not get any of the VII or VIII retros...yet. I have 7 pairs of the III retros, but they were $175 and I got 6 pairs for retail. The only pair I paid retail for were the CTKs, but those were stupid limited and I recently picked those up for $277 in DS condition.

I waited to pull the trigger on the retro All Star IXs until they were $90 on NDC. I was good with waiting since I have a wearable pair of the OGs for those and was not paying $240 for retail.

I'm trying to be patient with the Navy IIs, but it's hard.

Only a few stores have these; a lot less got the Navys than the Maccabis it seems. But I really want the Navys since I never was able to get the OGs.

Overall I'm very happy with the II retros. I unDS'd my Maccabis yesterday and I'm pleased with them. They need some breaking in but I will only wear them for casual purposes. After about 1 hour, they felt amazing on my feet though. It's so nice to have wearable pairs of IIs again since my two pairs of OGs died quite a few years ago.

Got ‘em
F369066D-0443-452D-A456-693DCDBF5A49.jpeg

The price on these sucks but as a big foot guy (size 13) LeBron retros have been an absolute nightmare so far. I didn't get a single AZG for retail because they all sold out in size 13 first, the IIIs I managed to get one pair for retail on a surprise restock but all the others had size 13 disappear first and never go on sale either.

The IIs are my favorite LeBrons ever so for these I was basically just praying to get them for retail price, even though they're absolutely over-priced, and so far I'm two for two. I'll buy every colorway of the IIs they decide to drop, IDGAF. I hope we get another PE or two like they did with the IIIs. F*cking PRAYING for either the Dunkmans, SVSMs, or Oregons, man. Obviously I know the Maccabis are a PE but I doubt they're in most peoples' top 10 most-desired PE pairs.

Last edited:
The price on these sucks but as a big foot guy (size 13) LeBron retros have been an absolute nightmare so far. I didn't get a single AZG for retail because they all sold out in size 13 first, the IIIs I managed to get one pair for retail on a surprise restock but all the others had size 13 disappear first and never go on sale either.

The IIs are my favorite LeBrons ever so for these I was basically just praying to get them for retail price, even though they're absolutely over-priced, and so far I'm two for two. I'll buy every colorway of the IIs they decide to drop, IDGAF. I hope we get another PE or two like they did with the IIIs. F*cking PRAYING for either the Dunkmans, SVSMs, or Oregons, man. Obviously I know the Maccabis are a PE but I doubt they're in most peoples' top 10 most-desired PE pairs.
I feel you- too bad you missed that sole classics sale I posted the other day for the macabbis for 150 shipped, they had sz 13

I feel you- too bad you missed that sole classics sale I posted the other day for the macabbis for 150 shipped, they had sz 13

Damn definitely sad I missed that! I'm following this thread now so I should get emails about new posts.

Got my pair in last night of the Navy's. Overall it's a solid retro, an 8/10, but I do have a few gripes on things I noticed different from the OG. I thought Nike did an amazing job retroing the 7 and 8 as far as the materials and overall feel, and then with the 9's (big bang) they had some big differences that were a tad disappointing. Here's what I noticed about this Navy release:

The leather is not as good as the og, specifically on the strap, the navy part of the tongue and the little navy part on the achilles. Those parts feel synthetic to me, not that great. It's not that big a deal but I remember with the OG, those parts felt SUPER premium. Most of the other white leather feels good, not as good as the og, but solid enough to where I can't really complain.

Where the LJ23 logo is on the strap, it used to be on a suede material but now it's straight felt.

Also the box is black, and while it looks identical, it doesn't have the pullstring the og's had, which idk why but when I was 11 I thought it was the coolest thing. Last thing is the lace aglets are different, much cheaper as the OG had a nice plastic on it.

Overall it still feels the same pretty much on foot. I think the sizing is more tts now but the toe is still a bit tight. You may want to go up .5 if you're very wide.

You described them pretty perfectly. The rest of the leather was pretty good, while not being as good as the OG's, the strap very noticeable with how thin and cheap the leather is.

Big boys love ball shoes lol. Always noticed that silhouettes like anything from nike bball (especially foams and signature shoes) and jordan brand moved quick in 11+. Speaking as a size 11-12 myself

I know there wouldn't be no size 8s stressing over a duncan foam retro :lol:

Big boys love ball shoes lol. Always noticed that silhouettes like anything from nike bball (especially foams and signature shoes) and jordan brand moved quick in 11+. Speaking as a size 11-12 myself

I know there wouldn't be no size 8s stressing over a duncan foam retro :lol:

Isn’t that because they make more 8-9.5?

I think some are looking at this the wrong way. There are 2 things to consider on pricing in regards to Lebron retros specifically.

1.) Inflation. The Lebron 2 came out in 2004/05 for a retail price of $125. That was 17/18 years ago! What else came out in that time frame that costs the same or even slightly a bit more? Everything goes up in time and when you are talking almost 2 decades prices will have gone up a lot. It's just not realistic to expect to pay what you did or just slightly more.

2.) I think this is the biggest factor for me in regards to Lebron retros. WE ARE GETTING PE/FF type pairs! Obviously not every Lebron retro that has released has been this, but so many have. Paying $220 for WTT 9 is more than worth it considering NOBODY COULD GET THOSE! Hell, even $200 for a fresh SB 8 or a MN 8 low is amazing considering those were $800 and over $1K respectively. Thing is too is most sizes end up going under retail or even found at outlets if you wait.

I think people need to look at this with the right perspective. That's just my humble opinion.

I was only able to get three pairs of retro 8s at retail and one was an oop from a fellow NTer. Size 13 has flown on these retros so o didn’t feel I could chance it on the 2s.

My girl surprised me with these, I knew something was coming because of the UPS app.
What I don’t appreciate is my box being opened. It’s already trash you have to fight resellers now you have to be worried about workers stealing. I’m sure if they were deemed valuable they would’ve been gone.

11D8D0A6-0DD1-4778-B853-1F19CB450AD1.jpeg

4FD45402-CCF9-401C-802A-247AE9E5FCD2.jpeg

I check this thread ten times a day so I don’t miss the gold pair on sale. I know places gonna have them for 40%-50% off in November.

Someone @ me when they see it, I need my 12 bad

Back
Top Bottom