OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently, FSU would probably lose by double digits to Alabama and Texas but one of them won’t get in because they can’t leave an undefeated P5 conference champ out.
TBH I can't definitely say that about Bama. This is the same Bama team that beat Auburn and Arkansas by a FG.

This FSU team with their back up is better than both teams.

Last edited:
None of the top teams are without questions and all of them have games were they looked really bad.

For the record, I’m not saying FSU should be left out. I’m just saying they’ll be easy business for Michigan or Washington.

My issue is the same issue and that is that the committee is not an upgrade over the BCS algorithm. The committee makes things up as they go and will continue to do so even with 12 teams. It’s not about the 4 best teams, it is about $, prestige, getting people debating and which fans will shell out money.

I don’t see the point in distributing rankings before the final one other than ratings and clicks when the committee reshuffles the deck each week. The only ranking that matters is the last one and the committee has shown it will twist itself into pretzels to get its preferred 4 teams in. I still think letting Ohio State in over TCU that one year was not fair and gave away the scam. No way Ohio State would’ve got in if TCU was Texas or Oklahoma. The fact that there is talk about FSU not getting in shows that the committee is a joke.

Bama lost to Texas
Bama beat Arkansas by 3
Bama beat Auburn by 3
Bama beat south Florida by 14

FSU beat BC by 2
FSU beat UF by 9

Texas lost to Oklahoma
Texas beat Houston by 7

UGA lost to Bama
UGA beat South Carolina by 10
UGA beat Auburn by 7
UGA beat Ga Tech by 8

If you’re going to list bad wins/losses don’t just ignore the UGA/Bama ones

Bama lost to Texas
Bama beat Arkansas by 3
Bama beat Auburn by 3
Bama beat south Florida by 14

FSU beat BC by 2
FSU beat UF by 9

Texas lost to Oklahoma
Texas beat Houston by 7

UGA lost to Bama
UGA beat South Carolina by 10
UGA beat Auburn by 7
UGA beat Ga Tech by 8

If you’re going to list bad wins/losses don’t just ignore the UGA/Bama ones
That’s fair, but you left a couple of Texas W’s off too. 7 pt win over a bad TCU team that lost to Colorado and they needed OT to beat KSU (although Ewers wasn’t playing). Bad wins/losses aside I just think Bama and UGA played tougher schedules which should count for something.

Well with shifting to 12 teams Bama and Georgia will have auto bids. But honestly 12 seems quite the jump from 4. Seems like there shouldn’t be any f’ery in that system but we shall see.

Well with shifting to 12 teams Bama and Georgia will have auto bids. But honestly 12 seems quite the jump from 4. Seems like there shouldn’t be any f’ery in that system but we shall see.
When 8 of the 12 teams will be SEC and B10 teams there will be nonsense with the ACC and B12 fighting over the last 4 spots.

Imagine telling FSU they didn’t make it. Cold blooded

They have to get it. I’d rather bama of course but fsu did their job. Survive and advance

Y’all know what’s gonna be really funny is next year when they expand to 12 it’ll be one of those seasons where you know exactly who is going to be in :lol: won’t be any chaos like this. Figures the final year of 4 teams we get the most chaos

Y’all know what’s gonna be really funny is next year when they expand to 12 it’ll be one of those seasons where you know exactly who is going to be in :lol: won’t be any chaos like this. Figures the final year of 4 teams we get the most chaos

The top 4 teams in the B1G and SEC should account for 8 of the 12 spots damn near every year. Let the others be up for grabs.

nah.. what bothers me is rival fans turning into cheerleaders and starting that whole “SEC.. SEC” bs

you being a 49ers fan, I have been extremely appreciative of your team the last 2 seasons for putting in work vs the cowboys.. I want nothing good for them
Never been the one to do that even though I graduated from an sec school. I started watching college football long before I was thinking about where I’d go to college and there was no switching sides. All that said, it’s foolish to not be able to acknowledge that the conference has dominated the game for the last couple decades.
13-0 Noles are one of the most deserving and best teams.
They should get in because they did everything they were supposed to do. And I’m of the belief that a win by 2 is the equivalent to a 30 point win at the end of the day, even though I see the nasty work of a 3 point win over auburn.
Georgia having less of a chance than Ohio St :rofl:

IMG_1930.jpeg

Any given Saturday
If GA played each of those teams over the next 6 teams, they wouldn’t lose more than 1.
TBH I can't definitely say that about Bama. This is the same Bama team that beat Auburn and Arkansas by a FG.

This FSU team with their back up is better than both teams.
:rofl: :rofl::rofl:the bar is being better than auburn and Arkansas? And I’m not sure FSU wins playing those teams last night. It’s okay to say they’re not the team to beat lsu or the one we’ve seen all year. “Travis Benjamin” being out knocks them out of the “one of the best teams” conversation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom