OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s a bit surprising but not totally out of nowhere, he hasn’t been great since JK Dobbins but still a damn good coach. I wonder if them bringing on Chip and not promoting him at all played a factor

Last edited:
Sounds like OSU was shi*ty with Tony. Basically cut his pay and we’re only going to give him a one year deal. Michigan is offering him more and a multi year deal.

Good for him on going there, I don’t blame him at all. He’s too good to get treated like that

Sounds like OSU was shi*ty with Tony. Basically cut his pay and we’re only going to give him a one year deal. Michigan is offering him more and a multi year deal.

Good for him on going there, I don’t blame him at all. He’s too good to get treated like that
Just chatted with a great source and have a lot of info for you.

* OSU is not in a big hurry to replace Alford. Ryan Day will conduct interviews at various points throughout next week. Among the candidates will be Scottie Graham, Eddie George, Pepe Pearson ... and one name I cannot give away right now (who is actually not a former OSU RB lol). And there will likely be others. I'm told Day's phone was blowing up today with RB coaches trying to get an interview at OSU. So, it could be someone no one is even thinking about right now. Again, there is no rush to make this hire. This is the primo RB coaching job available in college football and good candidates will be lining up to try and get a seat at the table.

* Alford was well-liked at OSU, but there is a reason his contract was not extended after the 2023 season (notice how many other OSU assistants got raises/had their contracts extended). 2024 was basically a lame-duck season for him unless he turned some things around. My source tells me Tony got a bit lazy on the recruiting trail and had to often be pushed/motivated to recruit to the level of expectation.

* OSU is not in a big hurry to replace Alford. Ryan Day will conduct interviews at various points throughout next week. Among the candidates will be Scottie Graham, Eddie George, Pepe Pearson ... and one name I cannot give away right now (who is actually not a former OSU RB lol). And there will likely be others. I'm told Day's phone was blowing up today with RB coaches trying to get an interview at OSU. So, it could be someone no one is even thinking about right now. Again, there is no rush to make this hire. This is the primo RB coaching job available in college football and good candidates will be lining up to try and get a seat at the table.

* Alford was well-liked at OSU, but there is a reason his contract was not extended after the 2023 season (notice how many other OSU assistants got raises/had their contracts extended). 2024 was basically a lame-duck season for him unless he turned some things around. My source tells me Tony got a bit lazy on the recruiting trail and had to often be pushed/motivated to recruit to the level of expectation.

That’s what I was reading as well. Like I mentioned earlier, I do think he played a large role in Trey coming back for another year, not that I think he (or Judkins) would leave in the spring but I’m sure this has an impact on them.

Glad he’s getting job security though, he deserves it regardless of where it is.

I did hear that George turned the job down but that’s message board banter

According to someone trolling on Wikipedia, Graham already took the job :lol:

IMG_4402.jpeg

Last edited:

Buckeyes just haven’t had enough recruits!

They just need more recruits!

c47.png

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240314_080646_Chrome.jpg

Apparently Coach Prime hasn't conducted a single in-home visit with the recruit since he was hired. No wonder they only sign 7-8 high school kids. For me this is even more evidence that Coach Prime doesn't plan on being at Colorado much longer. He isn't acting like a coach who plans on staying and building in Colorado.

Was this type of recruiting approach I don't think a bigger program would be interested in Coach Prime either though. He can get away with this at Colorado because they were among the worst programs in P5 so there was desperation on their part but no top 25 program is going to deal with a coach who literally does not conduct in-home visits.

Screenshot_20240314_080646_Chrome.jpg

Apparently Coach Prime hasn't conducted a single in-home visit with the recruit since he was hired. No wonder they only sign 7-8 high school kids. For me this is even more evidence that Coach Prime doesn't plan on being at Colorado much longer. He isn't acting like a coach who plans on staying and building in Colorado.

Was this type of recruiting approach I don't think a bigger program would be interested in Coach Prime either though. He can get away with this at Colorado because they were among the worst programs in P5 so there was desperation on their part but no top 25 program is going to deal with a coach who literally does not conduct in-home visits.
I agree he has one foot out the door, but a lot of schools seem to be testing an all-in on the portal recruiting approach.

The reasoning being, if they have to pay money to get a kid, why not try to coax over a developed product, where you have proof of what you're getting, instead of an unproven "child."

I agree he has one foot out the door, but a lot of schools seem to be testing an all-in on the portal recruiting approach.

The reasoning being, if they have to pay money to get a kid, why not try to coax over a developed product, where you have proof of what you're getting, instead of an unproven "child."

This could work for skill guys but it’s a recipe for disaster for guys in the trenches.

Back
Top Bottom