OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting take but I’m also not a fan of the “they used to be mediocre so they should know their place” take that people use in these situations. UF is in a hot bed of talent and in one of the premier leagues, there’s zero reason they should be okay with just being decent

Last edited:
LSU was a underachieving mediocre program for a long time as well, but no one with a straight face is going to seriously tell you that isn’t a program that should have NC expectations every season.

Sunbelt Billy has a lot of friends in the media because they’re capeing for him in a way they didn’t for Boom and he actually had a 11 win season there after inheriting Urban’s mess.

Interesting take but I’m also not a fan of the “they used to be mediocre so they should know their place” take that people use in these situations. UF is in a hot bed of talent and in one of the premier leagues, there’s zero reason they should be okay with just being decent

Not to mention the south was racist as hell and the SEC wasn’t fully integrated until like the mid 70s. There’s a reason a guy like Anthony Carter (who’s from Riviera beach, FL) went to Michigan. A lot of elite athletes from Florida were going to northern schools or HBCUs during those eras

Look how things started to balance out with the Florida big 3 after the 70s and into the 80s when dudes started staying in-state, instead of going north and instead of going to HBCUs, they started going to UF, UM and FSU.

Guys like Bullet Bob Hayes and Deacon Jones who went to FAMU and Mississippi Valley state probably would’ve went to UF. Both are from Central/North Florida

Last edited:

If you're going to play this game and take away the best stretches in a program's history or the 1-2 coaches in a program's history, you can make this argument for most programs.

- If you take away Bear Bryant and Nick Saban Alabama only has one national championship
- What was FSU before Bobby Bowden? Take away Bobby and Jimbo and FSU hasn't accomplished anything.
- What was LSU before Saban? There was literally a 50-year period before the early 2000s when LSU was bad

Ohio State, Notre and Oklahoma amongst the only programs to truly have sustained success regardless of the coach.

N41D N41D why is Elko focusing so much of his recruiting resources in California?
Was actually going to ask you the same thing re: why kids are leaving. :lol:

I'd guess they landed Longstreet and probably just saw a window to capitalize on him/his draw and make a concerted effort to rally around him. I wouldn't guess this is likely a long-term plan, because they don't really have anyone on staff with real meaningful past connections out there, but who knows.

Yall gonna land Riley Pettijohn or is he going tOSU?

I know this cant be true?????
1000010313.jpg

I'd guess they landed Longstreet and probably just saw a window to capitalize on him/his draw and make a concerted effort to rally around him. I wouldn't guess this is likely a long-term plan, because they don't really have anyone on staff with real meaningful past connections out there, but who knows.

I think we lead on Pettijohn but we don’t NIL so that could change fast

Don’t have my subscription to The Athletic anymore, but just got this notification after reading the thread a couple minutes ago :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_5350.jpeg
    IMG_5350.jpeg
    575.7 KB · Views: 167
Back
Top Bottom