OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was watching this unfold live on TV.
When even Becks got booed, you know it was an absolute mess.
PR disaster for Inter Miami.
I feel for the fans at the tour who bought tickets under the guise of seeing some of these legends, it's predatorial advertising them as the main attraction only to not even get the chance once.

Wouldn't have been even a quarter of that 40k if they announced Messi was gonna be an unused sub beforehand, nobody is trying to see Yedlin and co respectfully :lol:

I feel for the fans at the tour who bought tickets under the guise of seeing some of these legends, it's predatorial advertising them as the main attraction only to not even get the chance once.

Wouldn't have been even a quarter of that 40k if they announced Messi was gonna be an unused sub beforehand, nobody is trying to see Yedlin and co respectfully :lol:
Yep. When they first announced this months ago, I remember reading that there were no assurances that Messi would play (and realistically, you can never guarantee these things)... but they were charging top dollar for the tix... with the most expensive tickets at around US$600. But as things were leading up, we saw that he had some injuries and only playing 7mins in Saudi... it was sorta expected that his mins in HK were gonna be very limited, if at all. Come Sunday, apparently, the organizers received a team sheet where Messi was on the list, but when Inter Tweeted their official lineup, Messi wasn't even on the subs.

I totally understand that injuries were always an issue and you can't reasonably expect him to play, but the issue was how Inter handled it. They could have sent Messi out to address the crowd, which, IMO would have help alleviate the situation. They refused and the team just quietly left, which Becks having to address the crowd and showered with boos.

And you're 100% right... no one really cares about Inter Miami here, to be frank. The club knew that this whole off-season tour was for Messi... they asked top dollar for appearances... the least they could do was show a bit of sincerity towards the 40k crowd.

I think it's unreasonable for anyone to just presume that because Messi is there, they have the right to see him play because they paid a lot.

The issue is solely on Miami's horrible communication, to the extent I'd call it false advertising.
And I completely agree with this. I've watched enough exo's from international teams to know that there is every possibility that your favs might not feature. And I completely understand that ultimately it's the manager's decision. He isn't gonna risk him in an exo which could affect their season.

But apparently, IM told organizers Sunday morning that Messi would still feature... but by halftime (many hours later), they confirmed that he wouldn't. The communication was very muddled and it just felt like IM were just delaying and sidestepping as much as possible.

They're off to Japan now... let's see what happens next. The outrage if Messi plays there.

After watching the Wolves game yesterday vs chelsea some one needs to come get pedro neto. He might be one of my fav players right now to watch. He is a nightmare. He is so fast and strong and direct. Man's runs at everyone I love it. That pace is something else.

This wolves team in general is fun. Lemina, Hwang, Neto and Cunha

I was watching this unfold live on TV.
When even Becks got booed, you know it was an absolute mess.
PR disaster for Inter Miami.
organizations are trash
fans save money and pay big bucks to see the star players and the star players sit
such a disrespect

its not unreasonable
How is it unreasonable? If I go over to Germany to see Kane and he ends up being on the bench, what right do I have to complain?

The issue here is that Inter Miami had horrible communication. There was an explicit communication that Messi would be playing, and due to the last minute communication many fans were essentially misled by false advertising. I think in their case it is absolutely fair to complain.

How is it unreasonable? If I go over to Germany to see Kane and he ends up being on the bench, what right do I have to complain?

The issue here is that Inter Miami had horrible communication. There was an explicit communication that Messi would be playing, and due to the last minute communication many fans were essentially misled by false advertising. I think in their case it is absolutely fair to complain.
ur not going to germany to see kane
these fans were pitched the idea to see one of the all time greats play

its like if jordan was touring china with the wizards and was on the bench the whole time :lol: ppl would be pissed
idk how u can't understand that and rather defend another man whom u don't know

GFhZ7dZWoAAdsXD

The Rolls Royce meme :lol:

organizations are trash
fans save money and pay big bucks to see the star players and the star players sit
such a disrespect
I would say the event organizers and the team are both to blame... more on the team, IMO. I dunno if the organizers had some penalty clauses in their contracts in the event Messi couldn't meet their minimum appearance requirements... but at the same time, the team's lack of communication really made things much worse. I think ppl are generally rational enough to understand that injuries can happen and it would have been a reasonable excuse. But they kept on avoiding giving a straight answer... leaving the organizers in limbo. Like I mentioned before, the organizers wanted Messi to address the crowd and explain the situation, which I think, would have gone a long way... but they even refused to do that.

And this is also a very unique case of them marketing this as a "team event"... "Come watch Inter Miami play against an HK Team!". They're calling it the Inter Miami Tour and not the Messi Tour, after all. In reality, we all know they were there just to see an "individual". Had it been, say Barca during the Messi-years, you could still say that you got to see Barca! 😅

"You still got to see Inter Miami!"

Yeah instead they said they wanted to go to Jersey? **** with this already

Why are you acting like every foreign fan won’t be staying in the City and then taking public transport to the game?

That’s exactly what’s going to happen.

People outside this country actually use public transport.

It’s 7 miles away a shorter distance than the whole island of Manhattan.

Back
Top Bottom