OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But for real what is the precedence on a 4 year doping ban? That seems wild. Was he doping during his whole career? Did he just do it to get over an injury? Can he go play in a different league?

Yea I need to know this and what drug it was.

If he was failing tests for a prolonged period of time and they were building a case against him then I’d understand.

But a 4 year punishment for a performance enhancer just one time is just insane.

One good thing that European Footballers can take from American sports would be player unions.

They’d be fighting this like crazy if this was America.

But for real what is the precedence on a 4 year doping ban? That seems wild. Was he doping during his whole career? Did he just do it to get over an injury? Can he go play in a different league?

Yea I need to know this and what drug it was.

If he was failing tests for a prolonged period of time and they were building a case against him then I’d understand.

But a 4 year punishment for a performance enhancer just one time is just insane.
According to various newspapers, it's DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), which enhances the production of testosterone.
I think very strict enforcement of doping violations is a necessity but 4 years does seem excessive. They gave him the maximum penalty.
If those reports are correct, Pogba was basically using something similar to the injections I have to take for my hormone condition. Not actual testosterone, just a substance that makes your body increase its natural production of testosterone.

my guess is he must've done something sinister to try and cover it up for them to give him 4 years
probably wasn't just the doping

Pogba is maintaining his innocence though

Don’t think they’re just handing out 4yrs for something minor. Has to be something egregious.

I think Gab and Juls talked about the doping charges a few months ago; the range of verdict seemed to be 2-4 years depending on cooperation and/or enhancements. Based on the 4yr max, it would seem Pogba was adjudicated to have tried to hide evidence or something to that effect.

Can he stay healthy though? Kid was next up for Italy and then his ACL implosion has left him with lingering problems the past couple years.
Yea that's the biggest thing holding him back these past few seasons, rarely been healthy for more than a few months at a time at Juve :smh:

Would be a risk with high potential reward.

GHiFG6KWcAAZ3yc.jpeg

Assisting your brother in a semi-final 🔥 🔥

Last edited:
my guess is he must've done something sinister to try and cover it up for them to give him 4 years
probably wasn't just the doping

Pogba is maintaining his innocence though
According to various newspapers, it's DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), which enhances the production of testosterone.
I think very strict enforcement of doping violations is a necessity but 4 years does seem excessive. They gave him the maximum penalty.
If those reports are correct, Pogba was basically using something similar to the injections I have to take for my hormone condition. Not actual testosterone, just a substance that makes your body increase its natural production of testosterone.

I usually lurk in this thread. But I wanted to give some insight into this since his suspension isn't shocking to me.

If I were to guess, he got the ban not because he was pissed dirty before or did anything else, he got it because of the past doping scandals mainly from European cycling that have increased the penalties, and made doping agencies take such a hard line

I follow Euro cycling, and over the past two decades, especially a decade ago there were major doping scandals that were major news stories in Europe.Talking about police raids on TV type stuff. Government officials implicated

All pro cycling now have to be on a blood passport to even be allowed to compete (constantly testing year-round, always disclosing your location to agencies)

The same agencies that have to deal out the penalties for cyclists, have to do it for soccer players. Soon as I saw it was Italy, I knew mans was ****ed.

If Paul got popped 15 years at most 2 year ban. Maybe he could have taken a plea for a little less but then he has to admit he doped intentionally.

But now the first offense for anything related to testosterone, anabolic, or EPO gonna get you that four-year ban.

Dude gotta prove that he was either poisoned, that could get him a 6 month on appeal. Or it was ingested by mistake, which is hard as hell, and would probably knock it down to two years.

So if you want to know why Paul got the book thrown at him, blame mother****ers like this....

YJPARMSTRONG1-superJumbo.jpg

BTW, Lance's plug was Italian too :lol:

If he were to come back and be popped again, lifetime ban.

Back
Top Bottom