OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man U need Bruno to play well. When he is on the team flows so much better.
Also...Sancho is the goods. Man I wish he never left City. I can't understand how Ole had him on the bench as much as he did. The kid needs to start every game he is fit
Ole only managed him for like 12 matches, Ronaldo was the main reason in his delay getting PT

welp so no Partey, Elnenny(even though I don't rate him), Zinchenko and, possibly no Odegaard, Ramsdale for United on Sunday....Not a horrible transfer window but this is ending similarly to January's players left, plus injuries leaving them mad short.

welp so no Partey, Elnenny(even though I don't rate him), Zinchenko and, possibly no Odegaard, Ramsdale for United on Sunday....Not a horrible transfer window but this is ending similarly to January's players left, plus injuries leaving them mad short.

is matt turner getting the start in goal? not that i think he's gonna be amazing but excited to see him play

20220902_081112.png

Haaland +10 every month

I think Pep is referring to the Community Shield or the preseason match in which Halaand missed 2 easy sitters and people were stupidly saying he overrated

there were definitely a lot of analysts after he signed saying they weren't sure he could produce at the levels he had been in the CL, BL and internationally cause he was moving to the PL and playing in the pep system. i saw quite a few quotes and videos before the season started, then like the poster above me said after the community shield match they were all saying he was overrated and would have a tough go during the league.

Oh yea. The Community Shield.

That’s when the Haaland haters reappeared. Before that, they appeared when Mbappe scored a bunch of goals vs RM in the CL- For whatever reason? Idk.

Then Liverpool fans on Twitter decided to create a fake rivalry with Darwin Nuñez that will NEVER exist.

there were definitely a lot of analysts after he signed saying they weren't sure he could produce at the levels he had been in the CL, BL and internationally cause he was moving to the PL and playing in the pep system. i saw quite a few quotes and videos before the season started, then like the poster above me said after the community shield match they were all saying he was overrated and would have a tough go during the league.
Idk how anyone could doubt him, he put up absurd numbers in the CL and has about as many goals as games played for his country.

Haaland scores scores tap ins which doesn't impress me for a striker. When he starts scoring from outside the box, then I'll be convinced. His dribbling leaves a lot to be desired.

This is what a true striker is. Starting from outside the box. Creating his own goals

The game of football has been watered down. This was when pros actually deserved being called pros cuz you would look at the replays and think how did he do that?

Haaland scores scores tap ins which doesn't impress me for a striker. When he starts scoring from outside the box, then I'll be convinced. His dribbling leaves a lot to be desired.

This is what a true striker is. Starting from outside the box. Creating his own goals

Yeah, much of the goals he is receiving is just landing at his foot. I need to see him break down a defense and score from a tough angle.

A huge aspect of being a striker is getting yourself in the positions to score tap ins in the first place. If anything, the fact that he still put up those absurd numbers for Dortmund, in the CL, for his country, ... without really being great at dribbling is a testament to that.
How many other players can you think of that put up numbers like that everywhere they went without being a particularly skilled dribbler?

Back
Top Bottom