OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haaland scores scores tap ins which doesn't impress me for a striker. When he starts scoring from outside the box, then I'll be convinced. His dribbling leaves a lot to be desired.

This is what a true striker is. Starting from outside the box. Creating his own goals

The game of football has been watered down. This was when pros actually deserved being called pros cuz you would look at the replays and think how did he do that?

You’re looking at the past with rose colored glasses. There have always been brilliant finishers who are in the right place at the right time. Martin Palermo was criticized the same way. Too big, too clumsy, doesn’t create his own chances. He went on to become Boca Juniors’ all time leading goalscorer.
martin-palermo-of-boca-juniors-celebrates-after-scoring-the-third-of-picture-id1170591267

martin-palermo-boca-juniors-1585819868-35655.jpg

Being Argentinian, this is the first example that comes to mind. But there are many others. Always being in the right place at the right time is a gift in and of itself.

Lewandowski is another good example I think, though by no means someone with ‘bad’ technique. The main reason he gets such a massive amount of goals is because he's always in the right place at the right time. He's not particularly fast and he's not out there dribbling past scores of players along the lines of a Romario etc.

62 goals in 67 appearances for Dortmund in the Bundesliga

15 goals in 13 CL appearances for Dortmund

8 goals in 6 CL appearances for RB Salzburg

20 goals in 21 appearances for Norway

9 goals in 5 PL matches

...but can he score outside the box and dribble though

Clownery :lol::smh:

Fining a club with limitless financial resources for unfairly using those resources, which they'll use to pay the fine, and continue as they do is as redudent as you can get but it shows it does pay to have Ceferrin as your BFF...>D

That fine is basically a tax

62 goals in 67 appearances for Dortmund in the Bundesliga

15 goals in 13 CL appearances for Dortmund

8 goals in 6 CL appearances for RB Salzburg

20 goals in 21 appearances for Norway

9 goals in 5 PL matches

...but can he score outside the box and dribble though

it's like criticizing prime shaq for not being able to shoot 3s. "yeah he's the most dominant post player since wilt but until he steps out and knocks down 3s or hits somebody with a hesi cross I'm not impressed"

Isn't haaland like 22? Not sure if what we see today is a finished product. He has 10 years to add that extra stuff on his game

I'm actually surprised at how well he receives the ball. Haaland shouldn't even be debated at this point. Can't discredit someone for being a beast. He plays how he is supposed to. Why you would want haaland further from the goal is beyond me.

Lewandowski is another good example I think, though by no means someone with ‘bad’ technique. The main reason he gets such a massive amount of goals is because he's always in the right place at the right time. He's not particularly fast and he's not out there dribbling past scores of players along the lines of a Romario etc.
Mario Gomez is another one that comes to mind

striker gets criticized for being elite at what strikers are supposed to do

1662155569950.gif
It's about context

Dudes were saying he got back to back hat tricks like he was this beast of a striker about to dominate the league. I said cool let me go and check out the highlights. I saw the highlights and saw literal tap ins and I got the same reaction as your GIF

Wonder how long it takes for teams to figure this out

What if he missed these tap ins tho, what would majority say?

The man doing exactly what he was supposed to, get the ball in the net. He don't care if he farts on the ball and his northern winds guide it over the line.

Fair play to him

What if he missed these tap ins tho, what would majority say?

The man doing exactly what he was supposed to, get the ball in the net. He don't care if he farts on the ball and his northern winds guide it over the line.

Fair play to him
He is doing what he's supposed to do but this title y'all are crowning him of a great/beast of a striker is a bit much.

He is an effective striker but as it stands, he's not a great striker.

He is doing what he's supposed to do but this title y'all are crowning him of a great/beast of a striker is a bit much.

He is an effective striker but as it stands, he's not a great striker.
I think Benz punani has something to say about best Striker and Mr Lewandowski isn't bad at all.

Haaland top 7ish but and he ain't 7

Haaland 9 goals in 5 games.

fluid hips fluid hips ”He’s doing what he’s supposed to do!!!!

It’s a shame 99.99 percent of strikers can’t do what they’re supposed to do then. These strikers need to start doing their god damn jobs!!

Pathetic.

watched that last night, didn't realize Tiago was that effective defensively.

really interested to see how this works out

Haaland 9 goals in 5 games.

fluid hips fluid hips ”He’s doing what he’s supposed to do!!!!

It’s a shame 99.99 percent of strikers can’t do what they’re supposed to do then. These strikers need to start doing their god damn jobs!!

Pathetic.

I kinda understand what he’s saying. It’s methodical, almost mechanical from an entertainment standpoint. It’s not like a young Zlatan who had more flare to his game at a similar size.

Back
Top Bottom