OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ivan “Taking Bets” Toney with a FK goal around the wall to tie it at the half against Nott Forest.

that’s a great appointment. City deff getting charged and my man looking to jump before it happens.

Fellow Belgian Openda with the 2-1 counter :pimp:
Wirtz though...what a player. Fantastic to watch.

Catching up from this morning, Arsenal blew all their goals in one go. 5 is ****ing excellent but now I'm worried we go 3 without a goal :smh:

Ivan Toney - sign me up for an Arsenal transfer. Not for 100 of them things, but like 75-80, get it done Edu. Can't keep pushing off title winning pieces with the hope of getting "the last piece" over summer when there's always another "last piece" needing to be bought. Strike when you can to get quality and win a trophy, when the trophy is there to win.

IMG_1584.gif

:evil:

somebody needs to remind benz about the passion of saudi arabia

This is what you get when your league is viewed as basically a football retirement home.
No amount of money will make the Saudi league any less of a joke to football fans.
They’re spending obscene amounts on players that are practically retired and only came for the ludicrous amounts of money.
The country has no real football culture or anything to entice the players besides money.
The higher the profile of the player, the more they have to tapdance for the higher ups and recite propaganda about the league, and/or the country. No football fan who hasn’t been lobotomised actually believes a word of the nonsense they’re ordered to tell the media.
ADVERTISEMENT​

On top of that, the country’s restrictive laws are stuck in the Middle Ages.

Surely Saudi Arabia has to be realizing at this point that you can’t just instantly create a genuine football culture by just throwing ridiculous amounts of money around. No one in the right mind wouldn’t be solely motivated by the money.

Instead of this Saudi League propaganda failure, they could’ve invested more in projects like Newcastle. A strategy that genuinely has success in furthering their real aspirations: sportswashing and expanding their influence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom