OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Real Madrid is playing who?

CM-Punk-Laughing-to-Himself.gif

Benz is the second RM player to score a hat trick at Spotify Camp. Last time was "award named after" Puskas in 1963. He also the first European since Lineker in '87. In between has been nothing but south americans. I wonder whom

I still do think there’s a reason ufc fighters for example elect to not fight during Ramadan and take time to recover after. And also the fact water intake is restricted during fasting hours might complicate stuff. Then you add in that people fasting tend to wake up before sunrise to load up on a meal, causing a sleep disruption. So there might be give and take when it comes to physical effects.

But it’s interesting to see how players in team sports that can’t choose their schedules respond. There might be some level of physical drop off somewhere, but that is being masked or even overcompensated for with not only physical benefits elsewhere but also added spirituality. For someone whose belief is strong enough that as a professional athlete they’re willing to fast, I could imagine they feel these psychological mind over matter type effects. It’s a fascinating snapshot of the possibilities with the human mind and body when you look at athletes like Benz and Hakeem.

1680731842530.png

UFC n boxers don't fight near Ramadan because they are cutting extreme water weight right before a fight. No way anyone can do that while fasting n expect to perform well

System is rigged.

Not one person told Boehly English people can’t manage? :lol: :smh:

Watch Lampard get the job after going on a small run. :smh:

I remember people would trash Vinicius who was an actual skillful player, I legit don't understand what Gavi is good at? All I see is a lot of fouling and crashing into people.

Dude’s behavior is shameful. On top of the fouling, kissing and grabbing his crotch at RM players. Meanwhile people don’t have sympathy for what Vinicius endures because apparently he provokes it. It’s hard for me not to compare gavi’s classlessness to Camavinga’s actual class in a footballing and personal sense.

I don't understand, did he not realize they had him sitting in the empty stadium and were asking questions/recording him for a reason?

I was thinking a bit similarly to you, maybe a specific reason he doesn’t want to be associated with a 23/24 season ticket campaign :nerd:

Kind of ridiculous banning Rom but the Cuadrado ban is well deserved. Had no business escalating that and hounding the ref to get Rom sent off after he silenced their racist fans.

Handanovic gets credit for me for going after and swinging on him

Lampard news makes me think it’s more likely it’s Nagelsmann. All news has been he wants to wait to start.

This is insane :lol:

For real, I am happy for Lampard to get his chance to complete unfinished business

I just find it funny. He got sacked before Wolves game

The club's next game is against Wolves

No pressure for Lampard tho

Apparently they're gonna do what they probably should've before and try buying up mainly the best French talent around

Back
Top Bottom