OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know everyone's saying xabi for klopp but I think flick is actually the immediate best fit. he has basically the same playing style as klopp and the experience of managing a top club. I have a feeling xabi won't want to go anywhere for 1-2 years until he feels like he's ready to take a step up to a big club

I know everyone's saying xabi for klopp but I think flick is actually the immediate best fit. he has basically the same playing style as klopp and the experience of managing a top club. I have a feeling xabi won't want to go anywhere for 1-2 years until he feels like he's ready to take a step up to a big club
Also think Xabi's next club is Real, don't know if he'll want to commit elsewhere with Carlo not likely to stay on passed 2026.

He can continue building his resume at Bayer until then.

i see Xabi going to Pool first before Liverpool. If he wins the Bunesliga, i think now would be great time to move and when Carlo retires go to Real. Only thing is if rumors are true that owners going to hold fund to get the new NBA team in Vegas then i can see lots of managers avoiding it.

Y’all need to tell Tuchel to beat and it get Klopp, thats another 10 titles in a row easy

GEyh7UcXcAAeGmh

KTBFFH

Up the Chels

I find it weird. The Chelsea/Aston Villa game isn't aired on TV or stream in the UK but it's aired on an streaming app in the US

Surprised not much is being made over the reasoning behind Klopp stepping down and taking a year off.

You've heard players talking about the impact of the endless fixture list nowadays bit to have one of the elite managers in the game having to step-down as a result to avoid burnout is a bit ominous for the sport imo...

The major institutions in football are going to need to have a serious discussion in the future about priorities and the future of the game because the current rate of matches/tourneys isn't sustainable long term.

It's great for the ratings, box office and TV deals but we're going to continue to see it having a major and negative impact on the health of players and also managers now.

It's unimaginable picturing managers having the longevity of a Fergie or Wenger and Cholo, who overlapped from that era to this one, won't be matched anytime soon. Same for the insane longevity of the likes of Ron and Messi, don't see how you'll get players have their bodies holding up like that under the current reality/conditions in football.

Surprised not much is being made over the reasoning behind Klopp stepping down and taking a year off.

You've heard players talking about the impact of the endless fixture list nowadays bit to have one of the elite managers in the game having to step-down as a result to avoid burnout is a bit ominous for the sport imo...

The major institutions in football are going to need to have a serious discussion in the future about priorities and the future of the game because the current rate of matches/tourneys isn't sustainable long term.

It's great for the ratings, box office and TV deals but we're going to continue to see it having a major and negative impact on the health of players and also managers now.

It's unimaginable picturing managers having the longevity of a Fergie or Wenger and Cholo, who overlapped from that era to this one, won't be matched anytime soon. Same for the insane longevity of the likes of Ron and Messi, don't see how you'll get players have their bodies holding up like that under the current reality/conditions in football.

I think Klopp was being honest when he said he’s tired. He just doesn’t have the energy to keep doing this. I completely understand too. He invests a lot of himself into this job and he’s been doing it for a long time now. Not to mention dealing with the English media on a daily basis must be taxing as well. He will always be appreciated.

I think Klopp was being honest when he said he’s tired. He just doesn’t have the energy to keep doing this. I completely understand too. He invests a lot of himself into this job and he’s been doing it for a long time now. Not to mention dealing with the English media on a daily basis must be taxing as well. He will always be appreciated.
It feels the same in F1.
Sure, burn out all the engineers, mechanics and various staff... and limit their income with the salary cap... but, yay, 24 races in a season is great for the sport! 🙄🙄🙄

100%, he's been giving his all for the better part of a decade. He's more than allowed to take a break and breath/relax a bit for a change. Easily the best Liverpool manager since the great Dalglish and Paisley.

Just feels like there's more demand on managers and players bodies and mental than ever before now and there doesn't seem to be any remedy on the horizon. To the contrary, the major institutions in the game are trying to cram in even more matches to the schedule and tournament expansions :lol: :sick:

Awesome as a fan and for advertisers/TV companies but not great at all when you think about the big picture for the health of everyone involved in the game.

Back
Top Bottom