Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Damn shame if that’s revealed to be true.

Eh it likely happened when he was a young kid and too young to get a license in the US.

That’s the downside of turning pro that early but if I was his Father I probably would have done the same thing.

I really wish the sport didn’t put such an emphasis on unbeaten records, and accepted the fact that just like in any other sport, guys can have off nights and catch Ls instead of instantly being labeled as “exposed”, but unfortunately that’s not how the sport works right now.

Not surprising at all if its true.

Same thing happened to wilder early in his career where he got stopped and got saved by the referee.

Andrade is a good fighter, but benavidez is going to steamroll him. Hes never taken punches well at any weight class and always seems to slow down as the fight gets to the later rounds. Who knows if its fatigue or just coasting to easy wins, but benavidez is not the guy you want to slow down in the later rounds with. Inactivity, age, and lack of quality opponents is going to be working against him in that fight and I think he can get seriously hurt in there.

It will be interesting where boxing goes now that both HBO and Showtime are out of the game. I wonder if we will get a revival of ESPN'S Friday Night Fights? I suspect one of the streaming platforms will take over. Premium Cable TV and Cable TV is dying off.

It will be interesting where boxing goes now that both HBO and Showtime are out of the game. I wonder if we will get a revival of ESPN'S Friday Night Fights? I suspect one of the streaming platforms will take over. Premium Cable TV and Cable TV is dying off.
I could see ESPN picking back up and putting cards on ESPN+ . DAZN could also be a player here.

Happy 65th birthday to Thomas "Hitman" Hearns.
1697666293181.jpeg

Andrade is a good fighter, but benavidez is going to steamroll him. Hes never taken punches well at any weight class and always seems to slow down as the fight gets to the later rounds. Who knows if its fatigue or just coasting to easy wins, but benavidez is not the guy you want to slow down in the later rounds with. Inactivity, age, and lack of quality opponents is going to be working against him in that fight and I think he can get seriously hurt in there.
I don't necessarily disagree with these points. However, there is more of a blueprint out on how to beat Benavidez than there is to beat Andrade. Andrade is older but hasn't taken that much damage. I still think Andrade has enough elusiveness and ring IQ to make this fight competitive.

Always heard of Casta but was too young to really see much of him or know the name spelling, never knew Tim was his son

In other news,

Back
Top Bottom