Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

One non-explosive outing?

...how many times have you actually seen him fight?
Come on man I usually post right after his fights I’ve Seen plenty of fights man typically dominates every round lomachenko esque minus the slow starts

Haney running as far away as possible

Everyone is all talk but no one wanna get on the ring with him

One bad outing got people ready to talk bad . He ain’t handling it well tho need to get off social media

i think a lot of people here believe he is great but no one wants to see him fight

its a shut out but its also a snoozefest

and i think many here also believe he shoudlve have taken the 10% offer and taken all the belts from haney and put on a show then all his fight after that would be a bigger deal if its for al the titles that he should have no problem defending

its just a bad look when he fought a dude clearly below his level and won the fight by connecting 5 jabs a round and not much else, i mean dude was getting booed by the crowd halfway through the fight

Come on man I usually post right after his fights I’ve Seen plenty of fights man typically dominates every round lomachenko esque minus the slow starts

Haney running as far away as possible

Everyone is all talk but no one wanna get on the ring with him

One bad outing got people ready to talk bad . He ain’t handling it well tho need to get off social media
He dominates every round and almost always plays it safe, which is why he he hardly ever stops anybody. When have you ever heard non-boxing hardcores going crazy over a Shakur Stevenson fight?

…his style is really underwhelming to me.

i think a lot of people here believe he is great but no one wants to see him fight

its a shut out but its also a snoozefest

and i think many here also believe he shoudlve have taken the 10% offer and taken all the belts from haney and put on a show then all his fight after that would be a bigger deal if its for al the titles that he should have no problem defending

its just a bad look when he fought a dude clearly below his level and won the fight by connecting 5 jabs a round and not much else, i mean dude was getting booed by the crowd halfway through the fight
Give me another fight that was a snooze fest? I’ll wait!

It’s clear neither you or the guy below have watched him fight outside of his last fight.All of his fights consist of a knockdown

Something was clearly off but like I said one fight and everyone crying about him being boring.

Sounds like mma all yall wanna se
This is boxing

He dominates every round and almost always plays it safe, which is why he he hardly ever stops anybody. When have you ever heard non-boxing hardcores going crazy over a Shakur Stevenson fight?

…his style is really underwhelming to me.
That must have been the first fight you’ve watched man scores knockdowns but ok

Can’t help someone appreciate what it means to box.

Y’all prolly thought Floyd was boring too

Worst part is the man’s been a regular on ESPN. Amazing what one bad night does for the casual. Guess that’s how Ryan Garcia is able to headline despite beating absolutely nobody with 0 credentials outside of social media crazy times we in

It’s clear neither you or the guy below have watched him fight outside of his last fight.All of his fights consist of a knockdown

Something was clearly off but like I said one fight and everyone crying about him being boring.

This is boxing

That must have been the first fight you’ve watched man scores knockdowns but ok

Can’t help someone appreciate what it means to box.

Y’all prolly thought Floyd was boring too

Worst part is the man’s been a regular on ESPN. Amazing what one bad night does for the casual. Guess that’s how Ryan Garcia is able to headline despite beating absolutely nobody with 0 credentials outside of social media crazy times we in

We giving Shakur that much credit for a win over the very overrated Valdez? What happened to him against Navarette wasn’t at all surprising.

Shakur is living off the eye test and his Olympic pedigree which is fine, but let’s not act like he accomplished much in his professional career up to his point either.

Also Floyd had two separate arcs to his career which is where this comparison always falls flat. PBF was the definition of “boxer puncher” and at 135 that is the best version of him as a fighter.

This is boxing

um… you clearly dont follow dude because he has 21 wins and only 10 KOs, he has knocked them down then finish the damn fight with a KO? everyone knows that what they want to see

but lets see

nakathila was an eh showing, again he controlled everything and its a clean sweep but it shouldnt have made it to the 12th - great defense but averaged about 10 connect punches a round?

clary before that was a little better but still, people want to see a KO from someone on the rise like him and against nobodies

against gonzalez, again not even a match but he le tit go to the cards and only landed 121 punches for a 24% connect rate

but at the end of the day, you may even ask, who the hell are these guys he is fighting? and that is exactly the point, theses a nobodys and he can put them away

i mean im sorry but these are facts and yeah it might be unfair to base everything in his last fight but thats the world we live in, he cant be talking all these trash and chasing champs but cant close out these “trash cans”, you got to sell your fight

he doesnt have the resume (yet) to be talking all that ish and he is trying too much to be a hero to sell himself as the guy who people want to pay to get KOd like mayweather did

it is what it is

We giving Shakur that much credit for a win over the very overrated Valdez? What happened to him against Navarette wasn’t at all surprising.

Shakur is living off the eye test and his Olympic pedigree which is fine, but let’s not act like he accomplished much in his professional career up to his point either.

Also Floyd had two separate arcs to his career which is where this comparison always falls flat. PBF was the definition of “boxer puncher” and at 135 that is the best version of him as a fighter.
Clearly talking 2nd arc as it relates to shakur and his fighting style

um… you clearly dont follow dude because he has 21 wins and only 10 KOs, he has knocked them down then finish the damn fight with a KO? everyone knows that what they want to see

but lets see

nakathila was an eh showing, again he controlled everything and its a clean sweep but it shouldnt have made it to the 12th - great defense but averaged about 10 connect punches a round?

clary before that was a little better but still, people want to see a KO from someone on the rise like him and against nobodies

against gonzalez, again not even a match but he le tit go to the cards and only landed 121 punches for a 24% connect rate

but at the end of the day, you may even ask, who the hell are these guys he is fighting? and that is exactly the point, theses a nobodys and he can put them away

i mean im sorry but these are facts and yeah it might be unfair to base everything in his last fight but thats the world we live in, he cant be talking all these trash and chasing champs but cant close out these “trash cans”, you got to sell your fight

he doesnt have the resume (yet) to be talking all that ish and he is trying too much to be a hero to sell himself as the guy who people want to pay to get KOd like mayweather did

it is what it is
you both make the case of Olympic past and him not putting guys down and finishing the fight. Haney in the same boat like it or not but gets praise for getting an opportunity to fight lomachenko and now he running from the weight class

Let’s see loma get in the ring with shakur gon bet he same result

Don’t think he needs to sell himself just needs someone to not run from him and take a fight Haney or lomachenko or let tank come but nobody wanna fight the guy yalll think is boring and can’t put people away

Shakur gon get a chance to showcase his talent same way Bud did at some point just need another considered top guy to not be scared and get in the ring

you both make the case of Olympic past and him not putting guys down and finishing the fight. Haney in the same boat like it or not but gets praise for getting an opportunity to fight lomachenko and now he running from the weight class

Don’t think he needs to sell himself just needs someone to not run from him and take a fight Haney or lomachenko or let tank come but nobody wanna fight the guy yalll think is boring and can’t put people away

Shakur gon get a chance to showcase his talent same way Bud did at some point just need another considered top guy to not be scared and get in the ring

Correct, but there would have never been a Money May without PBF. The work he did in the first arc allowed him to transition to the second arc, which is why the “just win” mantra from Shakur fans doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t think anyone is scared of him but the risk isn’t worth the reward right now, which is partly due to Shakur’s fighting style. You’re not going to sell PPV’s off boxing die hards (half of whom pirate everything anyways), you need to have a reason to attract casuals and the general sports watching public.

Either Shakur going to have to accept what is being offered to him, or he’s going to have to adjust his style.

You’re right about Haney, but he puts himself in the line of fire much more often which is why we’ve seen him visibly hurt twice.

then why not take the 10% offer and show em your better?

like yah that might be an bluff offer but take it and put yourself in a position where you make the calls because if he has all the belts then no one has an excuse to not fight him

he is super young so he’ll make his money

haney being called trash by the same people/fans callin out shakur, hell many here saying dude cant hurt kambosos and cant ko anyone, they picked him to win but not by ko but haney is a bad example, dont kistake the critics with the fans

and hey look, people callin spence in here trash now and while i dont agree, if it turns out to be true, him knocking people out and actually throwing punches has made him a ppv attraction

same with bud but look, once they dont ko their opponents, people callin em out washed too and even canelo is judged by his last fight and why many thought charlo had a chance

like i said, it is what it is and you are just as good as your last attraction

If something was off, he should’ve said that and postponed the fight. If he had a hand injury, he could’ve vocalized that and healed up. Inoue said he was injured in May, postponed the fight, came back in July and dominated in grand fashion.

Can’t be mad at the fans for the harsh critiques . They expected Shakur to show up on fight night and prove he’s really that next guy. He said “I’m really him.” He set that expectation. We watched. He didn’t deliver. He’s gotta hold that.

Should’ve taken Haney up on the 25% tbh.

Last edited:
Floyd buggin if the rumors are true. Seems like he can’t handle not being in the spotlight. Floyd is tbe but he old and gonna get hurt. He need to stop clout chasing

damn.png

Back
Top Bottom