Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Bryant REALLY scuffling, but super nice to see Schwarber pick him up with a 3-run homer and the Cubs take 2 of 3 at St Louis. :pimp:

W 2-1

Question why does Javi bat 9th? Like he's behind the pitcher. Has it always been this way?

It was in 2015, but not in 2016.

The idea is with Schwarber leading off to put an extra hitter in front of him so after the first inning he can bat with more men on base.

W 3-2

17 hits, 11 runs, all with no homers. Hopefully this wakes up the bats a lil.

Hendricks was rusty, Jake tomorrow, Lester on Monday when we open at Wrigley to celebrate our World Series. :pimp:

In Triple A, Jeimer Candelario with a Grand Slam and 5 RBI last night, added 5 RBI tonight as well.

Ian Happ with an opposite field Home Run last night. And an opposite field Home Run tonight.

:pimp:

Schwarber bomb in the 2nd

Heyward just robbed of a 1-2 run double by Braun's diving catch. Heyward hitting well early. Wish that would have fallen. :smh:

Heyward today has been robbed twice, and has a triple and a single. Hitting .350 so far, would be over .400 if not for the Brewers defense.

Whoo boy if he starts hitting.....

Great road trip to start the season. I'll take 4-2. JHey could've had a career day had it not been for some terrific Brewer defensive plays. Can't wait for Monday night!!!!! I'll be at Wrigley for my first season opener ever!!!!

I think it would've stayed in the park anyway but damn good game for Heyward

Also Baez covers so much ground :pimp:

Last edited:
Great road trip to start the season. I'll take 4-2. JHey could've had a career day had it not been for some terrific Brewer defensive plays. Can't wait for Monday night!!!!! I'll be at Wrigley for my first season opener ever!!!!
Enjoy! I'm gonna try to make it to the road series at Cincinnati later this month.

W. 4-2

Win 2 of 3 in both road series to start the year, I'll take that.

Oh, and Ian Happ homered for the 3rd straight game in Triple A. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom