Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

I think it's pretty clear what we're seeing with the arms, fatigue prevention. Remember, we've played deep into October back to back years now, every single starter is throwing with 2-4 less MPH on their pitches, and I think it's on purpose. As in it's planned by the Cubs coaching staff, and it will increase back to normal as they hit May-June etc. 8 man bullpen, 6 man starting rotation, they are going to do everything they can to limit pitches/innings for everybody and keep everyone as healthy as they can, as long as they can.

To do that, correctly, they need the bats to carry them a lil bit early while they knock all the rust off, then when the pitching catches up you'll start to see win streaks build up.

Still, at 10-8, look at the series totals.

Vs Cards, W 2-3
Vs Brewers, W 2-3
Vs Dodgers, W 2-3
Vs Pirates, L 3-0
Vs Brewers, W 2-3
Vs Reds, W 2-3

They've won 5 of the 6 series they've played. And we aren't even playing well. :lol:

I think the Cubs did not enjoy the sweep last week. It's 12-1 in the 5th. :lol:

Addison is 4-4 thru 5 innings.

Heyward and Schwarber already out of the game to rest. :pimp:

670 The Score‏Verified account @670TheScore 3h3 hours ago
Kris Bryant on why he won't do bat flip on a no-doubter: "It's enough of a disgrace to the pitcher when it's halfway up the video board."

Welp :lol:

W. 12-8

Another series win too. Only one lost so far, if only they close during that Pitt series at Wrigley. :smh:

Schwarber DH
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Zobrist LF
Russell SS
Contreras C
Heyward RF
Baez 2B
Almora CF

Arrieta pitching.

Thee absolute best lineup + defense we have. Love havin the DH. :pimp:

Bryant hits an absolute bomb in the top of the first to lead 1-0, and then Jake disintegrates and gives up 5 to the struggling Red Sox offense. :smh:

Give up 5 in the first, lose 5-4. :smh:

First innings killing us this year so far. Pitchers don't have the same strength after back to back long seasons. Takes them longer to get goin, it's all across the board, Jake, Lester, Kyle, and Lackey all have struggled in first innings.

Really getting tired of all these early runs we give up. Already down 4-0 in the 3rd. Ughhhhhh

Poor series, could have been 14-10 thru April and won every series but the Pitt series.

Instead settle for 13-11 and two series losses.

It'll even out in time. Hard to get up for April/May games after tasting that bubbly. It's why no one ever repeats.

Hard to get up for April/May games after tasting that bubbly.

I'll be riding this Championship high for this season and next.
By then Theo and Jed will have rebuilt this rotation. Hopefully we can keep all the platoon of relievers we got.

Back
Top Bottom