Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Screenshot_2017-10-13-00-48-39.png

Whatta nail biter! This was the best game since game 7 last year! Celebrate go cubs go! Everything that went on tonight and this morning is too much to list but what a game!

been a minute in here...but man what an exhausting game from a fans standpoint. that bullpen is a mess. nobody wants to throw strikes. geez.

i hope maddon get the line up right for this series from a pitching standpoint. rondon & koji in? who's out?

i believe Nats got the better pitchers and an explosive lineup. BUt they won despite that. LA tho got the hitters and good pitchign. should be another good series. maybe 7?

Same roster as the NLDS with one switch, Wilson out, Rondon in.

Quintana starts game 1. Need 6-7 innings from him, and I'm betting Rondon gets in first with the freshest arm.

We are gassed after 5 full games plus flying from East Coast to West Coast while LA has extra rest, so this is gonna be a gutty fight to try and take game 1 vs Kershaw.

Q is going to put on a show tonight!

Us against the world. No one is giving us a shot, but we damn sure don’t care. Let’s get it!!!

Q was cruising, lost command and walked two guys, Puig RBI double, Sac Fly after, 2-2 Top 6.

However, Kershaw is out now. :wow:

Kinda surprised Joe takes out Q after 5 and goes with Rondon.

Annnnnnd Rondon gives up a home run to the first batter he sees....... :smh:

Monty was so, so good last playoff run. He was excellent as a starter in stretches.

But he has STRUGGLED out of the pen this postseason. We need someone to get hot outta the pen or we're in major trouble.

Monty was so, so good last playoff run. He was excellent as a starter in stretches.

But he has STRUGGLED out of the pen this postseason. We need someone to get hot outta the pen or we're in major trouble.

And he promptly gives up a Homer to Puig followed by a double.

:smh:

Lackey could give up 11 here, I don't think he comes out. Needs to eat 2 innings, extra rest for CJ, Davis and Strop.

Gonna need huge game 2. Need a split in LA for legit chance here.

Can we all agree that were tired of seeing Maddon outsmart himself.
Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy. Like he be literally thinking "I know my guy is doing good, but if I pull him now and platoon 2-3 more arms before the 9th, I'll look like a genius"

Naw, Q was done. He was GREAT thru 4 but ran outta gas in the 5th. Kinda same as Roberts pulling Kersh after just 5.

The pen just has to pitch better. LA hasn't allowed a single runner with their pen. Ours has gotten killed.

Maddon should have went with lackey after Q. The bullpen is spent smh c'mon Joe. I know he's one of the best managers but he kinda blew it with this one especially when Kershaw didn't have his stuff

Although I'm disappointed in the score, let's be thankful this is a 7 game (possibly ) series. I wasn't expecting much in game 1 after all the drama in the last series. I think we'll be more ready in game 2. Now they played well don't get me wrong, but just not well enough. I do believe getting used to the time difference will help out and actually sleeping and doing their normal routine will help. That being said obviously splitting the first 2 is paramount.

Back
Top Bottom