Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Jay LF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Almora CF
Russell SS
Heyward RF
Baez 2B
Lester P

Best defensive lineup. No Zobrist for second straight game. He and Happ and Schwarber make a solid bench.

Lester is struggling to get thru 3....this doesn't bode well if we have to use 5-6 relievers, again. :smh:

Unreal. Get the 1-0 lead, one pitch away from getting to the 6th, Lester can't close Turner. RBI single, 1-1. :smh:

Offense is dreadful. No idea how we score off this Dodger pen. Need one of those Zobrist bunt for a hit moments like last year.

Ugh...huge mistake by Duensing. Dropped a toss from Rizzo that would/should have been an easy out in the 8th.

Need a DP....

Not smart by Joe, but if you score 3 runs in two games, you aren't winning.

Bats HAVE TO do better. Period.

Sooooo......can we all now agree that Joe is outsmarting himself???

I’m drunk so don’t mind my vitriol.

In Joe I trust. He earned that respect after last year. Yes it sucks were down 0-2. Yes maybe Davis should have been brought in that situation but at the same time you just never know. Call me weird or crazy or whatever but I'm still so proud of this team from last year that it's hard to hate on them this post season. The fact they made the playoffs (Jim Mora voice) speaks a lot to me. Who knows they still might pull it off. They Seem to always find a way. Offense has been anemic, yet their still in these games. Don't lose hope guys all I'm saying. Is it 2,2,1,1,1 or 2,3,2 now?

Next 3 are in Wrigley.

Joe is saying Wade was still recovering from game 5. So ONLY way he was gonna pitch was a save situation, not a tie situation.

I expect with full rest now, he'll go to Davis early now.

Need Hendricks/Arrieta/Quintana to be legendary now and get us back to Lester for game 6 in LA.

Oh, and need some Good damn hits. :lol:

No doubt, if we don’t right this ship it’s going to go south real quick, no Chapman to save the Cubs this time, struggling offense and bullpen.

I don't agree or disagree but maddon was thinking that these games aren't do or die that there's more games to be played. I agree but imo I would treat every game with a little more importance

Yeah it could be the year home teams winning at home, and whoever can break through on the road being the deciding factor.

I expect to see a left handed heavy lineup tonight. Schwarber, Happ, maybe even Avila??? :nerd:

Yu Darvish is murder on righties, so this may be the night to give Contreras a break and get an extra left handed bat in the lineup. BUT, Contreras is great behind the plate with Hendricks, so maybe he does stay.

On the same line of thinking, wonder if we see Happ in Right, and Zobrist at 2nd, and give Heyward either the night off, or play him in Center.

Either way, safe bet Javy sits for a while at least. (I'm sure he'll come in late for defense or pinch hit vs a lefty, pinch run, etc)

Back
Top Bottom