Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

if anyone manages to find or have a spare 2012 gold jersey I wannagethatwannagetthatwannagetthat so give me a heads up thanks in advance

Christian Bergman (1-0) 0.00 ERA, 0.00 WHIP vs. Tim Hudson (0-0) 0.00 ERA, 1.58 WHIP

Colorado Rockies Lineup
Blackmon, CF (L)
Gonzalez, RF (L)
Tulowitzki, SS (R)
Morneau, 1B (L)
Arenado, 3B (R)
Dickerson, LF (L)
Hundley, C (R)
LeMahieu, 2B (R)
Bergman, RHP (R)

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Aoki, LF (L)
Panik, 2B (L)
Pagan, CF (S)
Belt, 1B (L)
Blanco, RF (L)
Duffy, 3B (R)
Sanchez, C (S)
Crawford, SS (L)
Hudson, RHP (R)

I hope this team does not bury itself in April but I am not liking the theme of falling behind early and not showing any sign of overcoming a one or two run deficit.

If losing Pence already puts the team in survival mode the roster was not constructed well enough.

Last edited:
I hope this team does not bury itself in April but I am not liking the theme of falling behind early and not showing any sign of overcoming a one or two run deficit.

If losing Pence already puts the team in survival mode the roster was not condtructed well enough.
I hope Bobby Evans takes a different approach when dealing with this roster. Yes, I know the Giants have won three championships. But there was plenty of options to significantly bolster this roster. Hopefully, they get some younger arms in the bullpen soon and that Heston becomes a mainstay in the rotation.
At least the NBA Playoffs starts this week.
Yes. But KNBR will probably air the Giants losing on 680, while the Warriors are delegated to 1050. This is one of things I truly hate about KNBR.

Who the hell wants to listen to the first month of baseball when the Bay Area's hottest team is on their sister station which doesn't even reach Vacaville!!!! Screw you, Lee Hammer.

It's probably in the contract that the Giants at exclusively on 680.
Exactly. But it just doesn't make sense. The majority doesn't want to listen to Spring Training games when the Warriors have a big marquee game.
Don't the 49ers get bumped to 1050 when the Giants are on?
I think they get bumped to 810
laugh.gif
I think they do get bumped to 810. lol

Unbelievable. I'm just bitter because I never could listen to Warriors games when I lived in Sacramento. Now in Vacaville, I think I have a better chance.

So dumb. lol.

Intangibles and heart can only go so far. We needed some power this offseason and we didn't get any. Now we have a bunch of people to get on base but no one to bring them home consistently except Posey and Pence.

If Heston continues to pitch well by the time Cain is ready to go...What are they going to do? I don't think they put Peavy in the pen, because they still have Vogelsong.

ii don't know i'd say any team with aaron "diarrhea stance" rowand is worse. though timmy was beasting back then...

Tyler Matzek (0-0) 2.25 ERA, 1.75 WHIP vs. Tim Lincecum (0-0) 0.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP

Colorado Rockies Lineup
Blackmon, CF (L)
Gonzalez, RF (L)
Tulowitzki, SS (R)
Morneau, 1B (L)
Arenado, 3B (R)
Dickerson, LF (L)
McKenry, C (R)
LeMahieu, 2B (R)
Matzek, LHP (L)

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Aoki, LF (L)