Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

I just don't like him. I haven't had this much disdain for a bullpen arm since Tyler Walker.
Oh snap Tyler Walker reference 
laugh.gif

Met this guy randomly once.  Not exaggerating when I say that he had the softest handshake of all time.  Felt like I was grabbing a handful of tulips.  
roll.gif

God I hate Melancon
Yeah, I was surprised he blew another lead. But hey, this entire team is buns. 

I think it's time for Bochy to retire and Sabean really take a close look at Bobby Evans. 

How is your pro team and all minor league clubs in last place? Wow.

26-45! :rofl:

Horrific would be an understatement to begin describing this season. The front office didn't equip Bochy the players he needed, and it's been transparent what the team needed once 2016 ended. Nothing was really addressed and here they are, the second worst team in baseball.

Yeah, I was surprised he blew another lead. But hey, this entire team is buns. 

I think it's time for Bochy to retire and Sabean really take a close look at Bobby Evans. 

How is your pro team and all minor league clubs in last place? Wow.
it's not so bad arroyo got some experience in and wasn't to bad .. blach has been a big surprise.. beade and crick need to get it together

We are in for a LONG few years of Giants baseball I am afraid.  Take a look at this:

San Francisco Giants (MLB) - Last place

Sacramento Rivercats (AAA) - Last place

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA) - Last place

San Jose Giants (Adv. A) - Last place

Augusta Green Jackets (A) - Last place 

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (Rookie Ball) - Last place (albeit 4 games into their season)

We have no help in sight guys.  I know we have had amazing success this decade, and I wouldnt trade it for the world.  But not only would I not count on it continuing, but I would hope you guys are prepared for a long few years (at least).

We are in for a LONG few years of Giants baseball I am afraid.  Take a look at this:

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (Rookie Ball) - Last place (albeit 4 games into their season)

We have no help in sight guys.  I know we have had amazing success this decade, and I wouldnt trade it for the world.  But not only would I not count on it continuing, but I would hope you guys are prepared for a long few years (at least).
I am 30 so I have seen some great baseball in my life and if the Giants never ever win one again in my life time I would honestly be happy as a fan to see the things I seen with this organization... I got to see the stick , an earthquake during a World Series , the rise and fall of dusty baker and his winning teams , the greatest baseball player of all Barry bonds and ALL of his spectacles , the heartbreaks that was the 2002 World Series , no hitters and a perfect game , 3 World Series titles , the ball park and the fan base .. i am pretty content if they never win one again

Last edited:
yea i knew the dark days were coming after the last 5-6 seasons and how much success we had... im prepared for it

Bochy gotta retire.

I am 30 so I have seen some great baseball in my life and if the Giants never ever win one again in my life time I would honestly be happy as a fan to see the things I seen with this organization... I got to see the stick , an earthquake during a World Series , the rise and fall of dusty baker and his winning teams , the greatest baseball player of all Barry bonds and ALL of his spectacles , the heartbreaks that was the 2002 World Series , no hitters and a perfect game , 3 World Series titles , the ball park and the fan base .. i am pretty content if they never win one again

That's a terrible way to look at things tbh. A fan should never have contentment with their team if they're not winning.

We are missing so many pieces. I give the players credit last year for their performance despite the overall lack of talent. Now that the team underperforming as a whole, the gaps are showing. We're not 26-45 bad, but we're definitely not a contender.

The ownership group fired Bill Neukom right after the 2010 World Series because he wanted to spend the excess money on expanding the scouting department. I hope he's smiling his *** off somewhere.

Last edited:
The ownership group fired Bill Neukom right after the 2010 World Series because he wanted to spend the excess money on expanding the scouting department. I hope he's smiling his *** off somewhere.
Smh...

I wish we had at least a Melky-like player(minus the PEDs). A power hitter that can produce consistently.

Back
Top Bottom