Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Comparing to his most recent seasons, sure it is impressive but would not call him an all star.

After tonight his home ERA is 1.13 and his road ERA is 4.02

Comparing to his most recent seasons, sure it is impressive but would not call him an all star.

After tonight his home ERA is 1.13 and his road ERA is 4.02

Yea I was comparing his last few seasons but with Bochy being the Manager in the ASG I can see him being an all star this year if he keeps it up

Happy to see Timmy do well at home and to see the Giants play solid defense.

Hoping they get the sweep this afternoon.

Clayton Kershaw (2-2) 4.24 ERA, 1.24 WHIP vs. Madison Bumgarner (4-2) 3.20 ERA, 1.11 WHIP

Los Angeles Dodgers Lineup
Pederson, CF (L)
Hernandez, SS (R)
Kendrick, 2B (R)
Gonzalez, 1B (L)
Turner, 3B (R)
Van Slyke, RF (R)
Guerrero, LF (R)
Ellis, C (R)
Kershaw, LHP (L)

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Aoki, LF (L)
Duffy, 2B (R)
Pagan, CF (S)
Posey, C (R)
Pence, RF (R)
Arias, SS (R)
Belt, 1B (L)
McGehee, 3B (R)
Bumgarner, LHP (R)

Brandon Crawford comes up and what does Mattingly do? Bring in a LHP and he drives in a run :lol:

Anyways, sweep :pimp:

Last edited:
First game of the season in the books! Left work early found two tickets in 108 and two in 139 for 140.00. On to Colorado.

Last edited:
Also had one in 2012
nthat.gif

Giants even year
Dubs odd year

Or Giants every year **** it
Yeah, I cringe every time a person says "they only win in even years" when we perform bad on an odd year. I want us to contend every ******* year. And I'm proud of how this team bounced back offensively at first and now the pitchers are playing very good. Feels like a complete team now, not even the the one that got in a hot streak before the playoffs, but a legit elite team that we're suppose to be year in, year out.

Still need starting pitching depth.

A rotation of Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Heston, Hudson, Lincecum can go on a streak like they are currently but over a season that rotation will come back to earth. Who knows what we will get from Peavy and if Cain will even come back this season. If this team is in the hunt by the trading deadline it will be interesting what the front office does.

Still need starting pitching depth.

A rotation of Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Heston, Hudson, Lincecum can go on a streak like they are currently but over a season that rotation will come back to earth. Who knows what we will get from Peavy and if Cain will even come back this season. If this team is in the hunt by the trading deadline it will be interesting what the front office does.
True, Heston has sent us in a roller-coaster, hesitant about Hudson and Lincecum, and don't trust Vogey at all. That's why I hope our offense maintain the production(though it tapered off a bit against LA) so we can take the pressure off of our unstable(currently) starters. Before our hot streak started, I think a lot of times our pitchers felt like they gotta carry the game and they ultimately folded when we wouldn't give them a cushion.

Do you think the Giants will make a run for Tulo? I know we are set with Crawford...But Maybe Tulo can be our 3B? Idk...That added bat would be nice, but can hinder Duffy's development.

Do you think the Giants will make a run for Tulo? I know we are set with Crawford...But Maybe Tulo can be our 3B? Idk...That added bat would be nice, but can hinder Duffy's development.

Do you know who our president of baseball operations is? Sabean would never make a move like that. We don't have the farm for it anyway and Tulo has underperformed this year along with being an injury risk and playing outside of Coors and moving to AT&T. Absolutely no shot whatsoever.

Do you know who our president of baseball operations is? Sabean would never make a move like that. We don't have the farm for it anyway and Tulo has underperformed this year along with being an injury risk and playing outside of Coors and moving to AT&T. Absolutely no shot whatsoever.
I'm aware of who the president of baseball operations is. Figured they could package a deal for Krick, Sanchez, and other pitchers.

Knowing Sabean...Probably will trade for Barry Zito again.

Ryan Vogelsong (2-2) 5.31 ERA, 1.49 WHIP vs. Kyle Kendrick (1-5) 6.70 ERA, 1.51 WHIP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Aoki, LF (L)
Panik, 2B (L)
Pagan, CF (S)
Posey, C (R)
Belt, 1B (L)
Pence, RF (R)
Crawford, SS (L)
Duffy, 3B (R)
Vogelsong, RHP (R)

Colorado Rockies Lineup
Blackmon, CF (L)