Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Stevenson vs Harutyunyan 7/6 ESPN

Why do people always bring up Floyd fighting pac late in pacs career when Floyd was past his prime and older than pac when they fought... When he beat canelo it was because canelo was too young... Which is it lol... Just saying not sure it woulda made a difference if Floyd fought pac much earlier

Why do people always bring up Floyd fighting pac late in pacs career when Floyd was past his prime and older than pac when they fought... When he beat canelo it was because canelo was too young... Which is it lol... Just saying not sure it woulda made a difference if Floyd fought pac much earlier

completely agreed.

people act like floyd just happened to have lucky timing when all he did was beat the brakes off everyone with clinical precision. A faster younger Floyd would have destroyed Pac-man. He made Marquez look like an amateur out there. It’s wild what people will do to discredit that man’s innate and god given skills. He was surgical out there. The level of accuracy he had was one of one. He hit pinpoint precision shots.

The fight was tonight?? Didn’t see this fight promoted anywhere except in this thread lol

Mans really is going out sad sad

AB and wilder better go head and fill out that UPS app

Past your prime is totally different than being past your PEAK. No two fighters peak last the same amount of time, EVER. For example, look at spence and crawford. In my opinion, PEAK spence was 6 years ago before he was even 30 years old while bud didn't hit his PEAK until after 30. Understand what I'm saying here. PEAK has nothing to do with age. Floyd was older but fresher than pacquiao was. Some PEAK earlier, some later. Regardless of age, PEAK Pacquiao was from 08-11 and Floyd did everything in his power not to make the fights happen during those years. This is simply a fact.

Past your prime is totally different than being past your PEAK. No two fighters peak last the same amount of time, EVER. For example, look at spence and crawford. In my opinion, PEAK spence was 6 years ago before he was even 30 years old while bud didn't hit his PEAK until after 30. Understand what I'm saying here. PEAK has nothing to do with age. Floyd was older but fresher than pacquiao was. Some PEAK earlier, some later. Regardless of age, PEAK Pacquiao was from 08-11 and Floyd did everything in his power not to make the fights happen during those years. This is simply a fact.

Floyd had a longer peak than Pacquiao.

The version of Floyd that fought Corrales losing to Pacquiao? Nah
The version of Floyd that fought Hatton losing to Pacquiao? Nah
The version of Floyd that fought Marquez losing to Pacquiao? Nah
The version of Floyd that fought Canelo losing to Pacquiao? Nah

No way to prove that either did everything in their power not to make the fight happen.

The only FACT is that Floyd beat Pacquiao

these are some verbal gymnastics. now because one fighter reigned supreme for longer you’re holding it against him. That peak prime stuff is nonsense. At age 25 you are at both a physical prime and have had enough mental learning from being in fights for a decade to be who you are. People always bring that sort of stuff up when someone loses. And the reality is that 99% of the time the other person was just simply better regardless of the when or the timing. There’s no version of Floyd that pac-man could beat. His defense was simply too tight and his offense too surgical. The more he presses the more he’d get tagged with shots and he’d go down.

A young Pac-man lost to Marquez and to Morales so i don’t get why all of a sudden he’s gonna beat Mayweather just because he’s younger. Makes no sense

One born in 77… one in 78. Basically were the same age. Y’all need to stop. “Older” :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
And Broner was never it. It’s amazing that boxing was in such bad shape that guys actually thought Broner or Wilder were anything special

Had a friend that used to box...I was trying to tell him Floyd was elite and how he hits guys but doesn't get hit..he was saying it's boring how Floyd fight and I don't know anything about boxing... I was like ok who's yours favorite boxer mind you this was a few years ago like 2018-2019... He said broner was pretty good... I was like ya aite you can't be serious and you were an ex boxer lol

Had a friend that used to box...I was trying to tell him Floyd was elite and how he hits guys but doesn't get hit..he was saying it's boring how Floyd fight and I don't know anything about boxing... I was like ok who's yours favorite boxer mind you this was a few years ago like 2018-2019... He said broner was pretty good... I was like ya aite you can't be serious and you were an ex boxer lol

They don’t understand that boxing and fighting are two different things

Last edited:
these are some verbal gymnastics. now because one fighter reigned supreme for longer you’re holding it against him. That peak prime stuff is nonsense. At age 25 you are at both a physical prime and have had enough mental learning from being in fights for a decade to be who you are. People always bring that sort of stuff up when someone loses. And the reality is that 99% of the time the other person was just simply better regardless of the when or the timing. There’s no version of Floyd that pac-man could beat. His defense was simply too tight and his offense too surgical. The more he presses the more he’d get tagged with shots and he’d go down.

A young Pac-man lost to Marquez and to Morales so i don’t get why all of a sudden he’s gonna beat Mayweather just because he’s younger. Makes no sense

That was the problem fighting against Floyd... He was elite on defense and couldn't be hit if he stood in front of you with his hands behind his back but at the same time was crazy accurate on the offense end... You can say his punches are weak and don't equate to a KO which is true but it was so accurate that nobody just wanted to run up and try to swarm him... Maidana had success but to an extent and the de la hoya fight wasn't that close as it looked

Back
Top Bottom