Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Stevenson vs Harutyunyan 7/6 ESPN

Ryan Garcia is on a path of self-destruction. Removing him from the sport is better. Plus dude probably gonna be dead in 3 years, who knows the way his life is going.

I, for one, don’t care to see him box ever again. He sucks anyway

Ryan Garcia is on a path of self-destruction. Removing him from the sport is better. Plus dude probably gonna be dead in 3 years, who knows the way his life is going.

I, for one, don’t care to see him box ever again. He sucks anyway

Agree. Dude needs a clean restart from everything and everyone in his life. The problem is he's an idiot, and people like that tend to not be able to get the help they need.

a lot of people, including in this thread, thats been saying he need help with all the shenanigans before the haney fight

then he won and people thought it was justified and was just a work

but dude obviously has issues and need psychiatric help

I don’t like Garcia at all but if there’s one thing he showed us is that Haney is big trash. Glad he caught that free *** whooping. Thankful for that but dude gonna be in a grave in a couple of years if he keeps up whatever he’s doing

One champion would suck multiple champs is the only way to do it in boxing because there’s so many fighters. I hate all those trash interim and silver belts tho so get rid of those. In the UFC it works because there’s a fraction of that number.

One champion would suck multiple champs is the only way to do it in boxing because there’s so many fighters. I hate all those trash interim and silver belts tho so get rid of those. In the UFC it works because there’s a fraction of that number.
but you like 5 different belts/champions for for the same weight division?
200w.gif

but you like 5 different belts/champions for for the same weight division?
200w.gif
Thats the only way i see it viable for the amount of fighters there are. How long would it take to get even a title eliminator for a dude to move up the rankings? Some mf barely fight once a year. One champ would make dude the best but how many of the infinite amount of boxers would ever even smell a title shot? I don't like how it is now but one champion would be tough to do

Thats the only way i see it viable for the amount of fighters there are. How long would it take to get even a title eliminator for a dude to move up the rankings? Some mf barely fight once a year. One champ would make dude the best but how many of the infinite amount of boxers would ever even smell a title shot? I don't like how it is now but one champion would be tough to do
nah.

If its 5 belts per weight class, which belt is the real belt and who is the real champion at that weight?

Half the doods on these "rosters" are just cans for the real contenders to step on.

1 belt forces the best to fight the best. That simple. No side quests, no relinquishing the belt, no weak mandatory fights.

Just the best fighting the best to be the best in the world.

I'm all for it, cuts out the slimey promotors too.

Both systems are very flawed, speaking on boxing and one like the UFC. If they make it one belt in boxing it could weed out these pretenders but it will also be tougher for many guys to get that title fight. It can become a popularity contest and certain guys will inevitably get put into undeserved shots.

Guys like Hagler got iced out of a title shot before the 4 belt era because he didn’t have the money or the political power behind him.

The number of belts isn’t the problem it’s the fact that outside of the IBF the other three make **** up as they go and don’t enforce their own rules because they want to keep collecting sanctioning fees.

Guys like Hagler got iced out of a title shot before the 4 belt era because he didn’t have the money or the political power behind him.

The number of belts isn’t the problem it’s the fact that outside of the IBF the other three make **** up as they go and don’t enforce their own rules because they want to keep collecting sanctioning fees.
ADVERTISEME​
Facts

Back
Top Bottom