Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So no OG slander for being 3-11? 🤣
Less pressure off him because we aren't expecting him to be a scorer like RJ was supposed to be looool. His defense makes the difference. When RJ was showing flashes of defending elite SG/SFs well we did the same thing and ignored the FG%s then.

and before yall forgot when I said duece looking like toney douglas

1704510208223.png

It seems we are making a play for Dejounte Murray or Malcom Brogdon, which one would be better ?

One can start and help offense

The other can help the bench and basically replace IQ

murray is the younger/better player that will cost more assets and has a longer contract... brogdon is not as good and older but is a serviceable player who was 6th man of the year... only problem is hes injury prone and makes more money but shorter contract than murray but still more expensive... with that being said I would pass on brogdon and pick up murray if those 2 were the only players available...

but my choice would be to pick up both lauri and sexton in a trade if possible and throw in a few 1st round picks... of course its not happening cuz ainge is unreasonable with the trades

Last edited:
OG's defense is clutch bc even on nights where our offense goes on runs, we have periods where our offense goes cold. Being able to keep the opponent's best scorers in check makes it easier to maintain a lead.

The offense struggled in the third but OG and Hartenstein not letting Embiid go off allowed the team to keep the lead at 14+

I'll admit that I'm surprised to see the knicks play well since the trade. Still think we need to add depth to our bench if we want to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Yes we need to address other things but right now we need to relax and see what we have and ride with it.

And that might be having to wait until the offseason.

Give me no parts of Dejounte Murray. He is not a pure shooter. He costs way too much money, and he doesn’t make teams better. He a luxury player.

The Hawks have been worse since they acquired him, much worse. Him on the Spurs? Terrible

We’re so close guys. Closest I think we’ve ever been since the 90’s. We shouldn’t just “make a move” just to do it. We need to stay focused on the end game.

we could just play Fournier 15mpg for scoring and make sure Grimes/OG/Hart are on the floor with him so that he doesnt have to guard the best player when OG is on the bench

Back
Top Bottom