Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Dua Lipa sues Dolan

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IQ probably is going to get that 100 mil tho.

If it’s the the Knicks, that’s another matter.

I wonder how many teams would gladly pay their starting pg with upside 100 mil with an expanding cap.

How many of those starting pgs is he better than now?

1688098246583.jpeg

1688098355019.png

They saying Donte is all but done. I like it.

I think we gotta find a sign and trade suitor for IQ.

Also, looks like Toppin is gonna be gone. Pacers interested…

I hope we don’t trade Obi just to trade him.

He’s a nice change of pace for us. Cherry picks, gets the crowd going, fills it up during an injury, little things that give us momentum in some games.

Brown would be a great fit but he'll probably get a better money offer. Donte works for me.

I think trying to find a trade package with IQ and or Obi would make the most sense as well.

So we swapping IQ for Donte? Contracts aside this is a negative move

Seems like it'll be Obi for Donte, with Hart sliding down to the four when needed.

Donte is a plus defender/rebounder and adds much needed shooting. On paper, I like the decision. A backup four is much less important when the starter plays 36+ minutes a night for 70+ games.

Why y'all wanna get rid of Quickley so badly? He's the most competent bench guard we got and he's under bird rights.

15/5/4 on 45/37/82 on the year, 22/5/5 on 46/40/86 as a starter. He wouldn't be that easy to replace and you ain't getting that from Donte as he's more 3 and D than combo guard.

It’s pretty simple.

His playoff stats.

he’s asking too much to remain a knick. Paying that much for a backup is extremely unwise.

I think we need to add a bigger 4 that would play as the stopper when needed. Hart sliding to 4 against bigger teams isn’t going to work. We need a Jeff green, Jae crowder, Dorian finney-smith type of player. A vet that’s cool playing 10-12 min.

Woj is right though, free agency isnt what it once was and i feel like it makes fans overreact the moment a name is mentioned like Paul George. if you step back and really take a look at the financials, his health, lack of playoff production, you'll see that in no way is that a good deal for us if it involves RJ. it just isnt. its a lateral move AT BEST, but for a lot more money.

who knows, maybe the FO actually has a plan and doesnt want to sell whatever assets we have for an aging PG, overpaid KAT, etc. maybe Giannis wants out or someone really worth moving for. lets be real, PG, Lavine, KAT, and the like that have been brought up are B players, like Woj mentioned.

Woj is right though, free agency isnt what it once was and i feel like it makes fans overreact the moment a name is mentioned like Paul George. if you step back and really take a look at the financials, his health, lack of playoff production, you'll see that in no way is that a good deal for us if it involves RJ. it just isnt. its a lateral move AT BEST, but for a lot more money.

who knows, maybe the FO actually has a plan and doesnt want to sell whatever assets we have for an aging PG, overpaid KAT, etc. maybe Giannis wants out or someone really worth moving for. lets be real, PG, Lavine, KAT, and the like that have been brought up are B players, like Woj mentioned.

I been telling you guys this man.

Forget Levine, KAT, PG, etc

We’re looking at bigger fish down the line. We’ve set ourselves up beautifully.

It just takes ONE true star to ask for a trade. One real game changer.

All stars have been on the move constantly. Superstars too. So don’t know why next off season is “special “

bc the Knicks will be a destination again if we continue to show that we can make the playoffs consistently and might even be a top 4 team in the east. guys havent wanted to play here bc they didnt want to be the savior and fail. if we already have the core guys and winning culture, then its much easier to get an A player to put us over the top.

Plus we’re waiting for one of the real star’s teams to implode. We’re waiting to see if Giannis extends his contract in September. There’s so many avenues we can take. So many players are going to want out especially with this CBA.

That’s what I’ve meant from the beginning. The most important thing is flexibility.

We just have to wait right now. It’s the smart play.

What are you guys in a rush for anyways? We haven’t won a chip since 1973. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom