Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RJ looks awful tonight. Brunson showed up in the 2nd half. Grizz killing us from 3. Other than that, team stats are similar.

I'm not into moral victories but I'm impressed that we came back Cam played out of his mind. RJ played like trash. They should wash out in the future. Big man. Foul trouble? What's new Randle played really composed. Brunson made a difference. There were some good things here

huge credit to cam for showing up and making the most of his opportunity after the poor preseason

rj absolutely cannot start the season slow like he has the past three years
needs to clean that up asap

hats off to randle
need to get obi more involved
rose hella rusty

It's not that RJ starts slow, he's just not consistent the entire season. He also has a habit of playing unsuccessful hero ball when it's not needed.

Last I checked, a buzzer beater is a shot that beats the buzzer. I was really talking about a shot that ends regulation.

Nothing I just said there mentioned a score or point differential or elementary math.

But just a sec, yes b4 posting…

I channeled my inner keko jones keko jones & used my fingers to make sure my math was correct and a 3 point shot would make for a game tying buzzer beater. U know, cuz elementary math is hard, right keko?

It's not that RJ starts slow, he's just not consistent the entire season. He also has a habit of playing unsuccessful hero ball when it's not needed.

I think at times he feels the pressure of being the #3 pick and trying to catch up to Zion and Ja. Even more so now that he got the extension. What irks me is when he slows down on his drives instead of trying to finish over players.

I feel like I'm gonna turn on IQ even more this year. That's a replaceable player on most nights.

IQ can go. Dude is a chuck and dribbles too much. Literally Trier 2.0

we haven’t caught a break like this since melo stepped out of bounds against toronto in like 2014 :lol:

I was so focus on the BS none call that I didn't realized the ball hit the back board. If the players get fine for flagrants, the refs should be fine for crucial missed calls.

Last I checked, a buzzer beater is a shot that beats the buzzer. I was really talking about a shot that ends regulation.

Nothing I just said there mentioned a score or point differential or elementary math.

But just a sec, yes b4 posting…

I channeled my inner keko jones keko jones & used my fingers to make sure my math was correct and a 3 point shot would make for a game tying buzzer beater. U know, cuz elementary math is hard, right keko?
LMAO

So you was hype about RJ getting the ball off to beat the buzzer?

Sure thing buddy ....

Why is 1 + 1 not adding up?

This thread is toxic and extra pathetic on game night :lol:.

All in all, a 3 point loss with RJ & Mitch out of sorts against a top 5 team out West is a pretty good start. They had a chance to tie it again in the final seconds so yea so many other positives from the game to takeaway.
JB & Julius look like a great supporting cast for RJ’s breakout szn. The team goes as far as he steps up. His FT looks better. He’ll need some games to adjust to the new role.

It’s funny ppl crap on RJ yet overlook the fact that last yr he was the primary defender on LeBron James during their matchup(s). Then he’s out there trying to take on Ja.

He’s committed to becoming a better defender. Been a bucket so those will start to drop sooner than later. That’s a 22 yr old leader still learning.

He’s gonna learn he may think he can handle all of that but it’s not worth it with that offensive output potential.

Imma need IQ to keep doing him. The team has 3 pgs and none named Immanuel. I believe he ends up somewhere else eventually but for now keep shooting shooter.

Hart is great but a true backup. Mitch was missed.
Gotta let Deuce loose but at who’s min expense, I wonder. Let him chase Ja around for a bit instead of hiding the actual 1guard in the weak corner.

Back
Top Bottom