Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trade him for who though? His value is still low.

He looks to be wayyy more comfortable out there as a #2 option.

Great ****ing win. Orlando ain’t a bunch of scrubs. They’re just getting their feet wet really.

Need more Obi with the starters to inject some early life. Take some pressure off RJ to start out gunning also.

Almost don’t wanna trade him tho [Randle] seeing as he went thru the highs and lows of NYC already. He asked for it ofc but everyone loves a redemption story.

Can he keep his head for the whole year while passing the torch? Can he & Obi coexist?

Starting to think maybe. Look how he’s shining with a real pg.

3rd game in, but still not sure how obi toppin is getting no more than 13/14 minutes like last night
man's a spark and good for some quick, easy buckets.
a player like quickley getting more minutes despite not being able to make a basket is making me think obi is continuing to get shut out. he's good for at least 25 mins/game

While I agree that Obi needs more minutes, he’s too small to play the 5. Randle is actually playing well, so I don’t see his minutes getting taken. MAYBE play some minutes alongside Randle? But I don’t think that’ll work.

Happy for DSJ but tonite someone gotta humble that young man.

And Knicks culture now is serious. Not expecting them to play down to comp anymore. They beat the teams they’re supposed to.
Give Cam 30ish games to show he can stay healthy and then make a move on Evan. The whole point is to pair RJ with someone even better equipped to take on the lead wing/guard defensively.

Randle is looking even better than his MIP self in this small sample size. I haven’t seen 1 forced shot and he looks like a good teammate thus far. It doesn’t make sense to trade him now.
Evan & Immanuel for a future first 🙏.

95FD954D-4041-4A4C-B07A-741B98DD5078.jpeg

i dont think they're saying that JB is a bad defender, but he does have his deficiencies. he's small. RJ shouldn't have to be guarding the much quicker Ja. should be PG on PG, ideally. do i think him having to guard the best wing every night contribute to his efficiency? a little. i'm not saying he'd have a 50% fg percentage, but its easier to score if you're not gassed.

Back
Top Bottom