Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Been a Randle guy his whole tenure here, even through that rough season last year. I can no longer defend this man at all. Disgusting

The way Julius is just allowed to dribble this much has always perplexed me.

Thibs put that battery in his back a longggggg time ago.

He really thinks he’s LeBron or somebody.

AC240902-A1F8-442F-8B5B-27E3F52223E6.jpeg

What stands out here?

The way Julius is just allowed to dribble this much has always perplexed me.

Thibs put that battery in his back a longggggg time ago.

He really thinks he’s LeBron or somebody.
I could be talking out of emotion but im almost at the verge of simply not watching next season if he’s on the team. The way he continues to mentally check out when he’s being challenged is unacceptable. Im so glad i didn’t shell out an arm and a leg for those MSG tickets when this is the effort we are getting from our second best player

Randle is not a leader and definitely shouldn't be handling the ball as much as he is apparently allowed to. Seen so many lazy passes, mid-air passes to an unsuspecting team mate, straight up dribbling into a double/triple team. Just too many deflating possessions.

It's going to take a miracle :lol:

Being in tht wrong role isn't Randles fault... But his lack of effort and care at times is his fault. As well as the Coach for not holding him accountable
We’re a year away from them letting Thibs go.... Then again Insaid that same thing last year too....

He’s not a outright bad coach, but his post season record is nothing to brag about. If anything far from it.

He’s not a prolific score but as a 6th man, he contributes in so many other ways — defense, rebounds. He wasn’t too effective today but he made some significant plays in some of the Knicks playoff wins. Plus who wants to separate the Villanova champ duo camaraderie? As long as his contract isn’t outrageous for a bench player, I’m in favor of resigning him.

i'm not saying he doesn't have value for this team. saying to build around him is an interesting way to phrase it though.

Keep in mind this has also happened to us with Herro out. He's their best off the dribble shooter aside from Jimmy. Imagine these lost *** perimeter defenders trying to keep up with Herro while trying to double Jimmy

if you think about it, we'd probably double Jimmy a lot less and give up less open 3s. i think the Heat move the ball better without Herro, which is why we're struggling to defend the 3. i'd rather play straight up man the whole game and make Strus, Robinson, Martin, etc. beat us off the dribble.

I can't fully agree that Randle is playing out of his role when he's made two all-star teams & could make a second all-NBA team. He averaged 25/10/4 on above average efficiency for 77 games. That's a number one option.

Not sure what happens to that player when it hits April/May.

he's immature. he'll go through slumps, especially in the playoffs, and its a wrap. other players will at least still give effort, but if Randle isnt scoring, he's not trying to contribute in any other way.

I think Thibs remains until the end of next season then we hire a different coach. Also I think that's when we get rid of Randle.

If you think the front office is disappointed with the conference semis as development, I dunno what the bar was going into this season.
Yeah as much as it sucks to be struggling in the second round they are definitely running it back next season with an expectation of playoffs and 50+ wins. We’re the youngest team in the second round.

The main thing I think the FO needs to do is get something legit this summer for Rose and Fournier’s expiring deals and all those draft picks they collected.

Giannis will be due for an extension in September.

If he doesn’t sign it he’s as good as gone.

Knicks will make a push for an actual real “Superstar” within the next few years.

Giannis is a dream but that new CBA is going to artificially inflate the value of cap space, expiring contracts, and draft picks. It’s designed to really punish teams that have too high of a salary.

If they Knicks are ever going to trade their stash, now would be a great time.

We need an upgrade at the wing if we’re keeping this core. Middleton or Brown would be great. That’s why the DAL pick is crucial.

Not tryna get into 2k trades or w.e but some thing gotta change.

We need an upgrade at the wing if we’re keeping this core. Middleton or Brown would be great. That’s why the DAL pick is crucial.

Not tryna get into 2k trades or w.e but some thing gotta change.
I agree, I feel Brown would be an ideal fit for this team. the it is currently constructed.

Upgrade at the wing position and a big man (pf or c) that can score and rebound/defend as well.

If any of these current NBA players want to be immortalized .. they would come to NYK and try to win it all.

I dont give a **** what anyone says .... NYK that will do that.

Celtics and Lakers have won so many chips that you would literally have to be a lifelong member and be uber special while winning multiple ... NYK, once you win one thats all it will take. You could be above avg a marginal all star and still you'll be the GOAT. Automatically you have 20+ million fans proclaiming you the GOD!

Back
Top Bottom