Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing is, 👁️ don’t think JB is needed like that.

Thibs really really doesn’t trust anyone else w/ the rock right now smh.

Deuce easily turns up the defense and w/ him RJ has a chance to string some points together.

We got the W which is what counts. At this rate, JB gonna be a shell of himself if they ever make it out of this series.

Julius played well.

RJ did his thing

Grimes and Brunson with 48 minutes and Grimes getting that steal made me jump up

Mitch with some clutch FTs

Hart struggled big time

But the effort was there. Hands to rebounds, hitting the deck for loose balls, win or lose I'd be proud of the effort.

One game at a time.

You know being dramatic is in our blood though. If we not in control you know we about to talk some overly dramatic ****.
The irony in that is how ****** be critical of players and their temperament, but be on highs and lows depending on the outcome of a game. It doesn’t help anyone to overreact the way we do, but y’all got it.

The season was a success when we beat Cleveland.

Let’s take it to 7.

The thing is, 👁️ don’t think JB is needed like that.

Thibs really really doesn’t trust anyone else w/ the rock right now smh.

Deuce easily turns up the defense and w/ him RJ has a chance to string some points together.

We got the W which is what counts. At this rate, JB gonna be a shell of himself if they ever make it out of this series.
The way our bench is poorly playing offensively (getting outscored by the Heat bench significantly), I think JB is understandably necessary. Randle is inconsistent, and usually worse during the playoffs than the regular season. RJ has been surprisingly consistent after the first 2 Cavs games but he can only do so much himself. Grimes defended Butler well in Game 5 (first time Butler has been held to less than 20 points in this postseason) so I can see him being utilized a lot too.

Last edited:
Rose gotta be able to give u 10 good minutes.

Hell even Fournier can get u a quick 2-3 3 ptrs.

The shortened rotation stuff in the playoffs is stupid to me. If anything I would expand my rotation to possibly find that break out scoring game from a player not on the scouting report.

Every series u see at least a one game anomaly of a unexpected guy hitting 4-5 threes.

I believe Fournier could have had a game like that in this Miami series.

But i agree with harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx i did not expect us to be in the 2nd round after the first month or so of the season.

Expectations were exceeded.

I think Thibs needs to play Fournier at least 10 minutes just to be an actual threat from 3. Dude can string 10 minutes of decent defense together, right? Rose doesn’t even look in playing shape anymore, so I’d rather see Deuce harass Lowry.

Back
Top Bottom