Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thibs took 4 years off Loul Deng's career in Chicago. The guy came out of high shcool the same year as LBJ , CP3 and PJ Tucker
Bro there's a bit of sarcasm in my post lmaoooo. But with that being said, it's something to consider for fans that are scared to buy games months in advance just in case their favorite player sits out. Had friends watch a live laker game last year and they sat out both Lebron and AD at the same time.

Bro there's a bit of sarcasm in my post lmaoooo. But with that being said, it's something to consider for fans that are scared to buy games months in advance just in case their favorite player sits out. Had friends watch a live laker game last year and they sat out both Lebron and AD at the same time.

I don't care who sits out , I've seen most the good players in person already . I am fine watching MSG , TNT or ESPN .

MSG beats people over the head with ticket prices and the team rarely finishes with a top 3 record in the East.

I don't care who sits out , I've seen most the good players in person already . I am fine watching MSG , TNT or ESPN .

MSG beats people over the head with ticket prices and the team rarely finishes with a top 3 record in the East.
rolling-eyes.gif

No he hasn’t. Players still don’t want to sign here because of him.
But why? What is he doing "now" that players still hold that resentment?

They have a good young core, have paid their players, done good to others ...

So what is it?

So what is it?

Reputations don’t clean up overnight. You think players in their late 20s and early 30s don’t remember all the **** from 10-15 years ago? Word spreads.

So what is it?
Face recognition for banned people, Ewing incident, Oakley incident. Bunch of stupid stuff on his part.

Aint no players give a **** about lawyers getting banned from MSG and yes the Charles incident was BS but that **** happened when?

This dude on the surface seems to be hands off. No reason why people keep saying he's the reason players ain't coming.

There's been a bad rep for Dolan and the Knicks for the past 20 years.

Its not a surprise that there isnt much desire by players to become a Knick.

Its not even about what has he done lately to get hate. He's been hands off for a few years now and the team still sucks. Nothing about the team or franchise has changed reputation wise.

Last edited:
If we all let go of the concept of a top 10-15 playing coming here via trade or free agency and just actually enjoyed the best core we’ve had in decades, I think we’d all be better off.

We’re debating whether or not players want to come here but I think we have a roster full of players who are actively enjoying being Knicks. Why not just appreciate that and allow things to play out as they will.

It’s just added pressure when we’ve finally dug ourselves out of cap hell and put together a function roster.

Preseason needs to start soon. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom