Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Evan Fournier.

His defense isn’t just bad. Each time he got playing time since he’s been here, it’s hurt the team more than helped. I’m pretty sure people were calling to sit him in here.

Was I just having a fever dream, ‘cause it seems we have these complaints about Evan Fournier every year. :lol:

Team took off once Fournier was removed from the rotation but now he's the missing piece :lol:

A lot of it has to do with not liking Thibs. Same sentiments were said about....CAM REDDISH!

There have been instances when we just couldn't score. Why not bring in a player who can make a couple of three-pointers? It wouldn't harm the team, especially when they're already on the path to losing due to their inability to score. The arguments here are quite illogical.

No one is demanding starting minutes or a regular spot in the rotation; we simply want some playing time or in-game adjustments to attempt to put points on the scoreboard and make a comeback. It's not a complex concept.

Evan Fournier.

His defense isn’t just bad. Each time he got playing time since he’s been here, it’s hurt the team more than helped. I’m pretty sure people were calling to sit him in here.

Was I just having a fever dream, ‘cause it seems we have these complaints about Evan Fournier every year. :lol:

Na. I’m not asking for him to start nor am I asking for him to be an integral piece.

To me, it’s actually more about giving him 15 mins to alleviate our starters from getting worn down and having to do everything. This is Thibs remember?

Also Fournier is good enough to get buckets against opposing 2nd units for 15 mins a game.

I’m not asking him to be the piece. I’m asking for him to be a small part of our second unit.

Na. I’m not asking for him to start nor am I asking for him to be an integral piece.

To me, it’s actually more about giving him 15 mins to alleviate our starters from getting worn down and having to do everything. This is Thibs remember?

Also Fournier is more than good enough to get buckets against opposing 2nd units for 15 mins a game.
It's completely nonsensical, my friend. How can Fournier secure a 73 million dollar contract and be unplayable? This situation reminds me of when we made the playoffs, and Thibs believed our best shot at winning was giving all the minutes to Payton. He eventually caved in, and we still lost, but it's the kind of stubbornness we certainly could do without.

DID I JUST HEAR THIBS SAY SOMETHING LIKE

“ YOU CAN STILL PLAY GOOD WHEN YOU SHOOT BAD, AND HISVDEFENSE HAS BEEN GREAT”

WHEN REFERRING TO RANDLES STRUGGLES IN THE PREGAME!!!!!?!?!?!

:angry:

That's precisely the problem; he places an excessive emphasis on defense. While I appreciate solid defense, there are games where you need to bring in a shooter to score some points.

The issue with our discussions is that you guys tend to turn things into absolutes. No one is suggesting that Fournier should become a starter or that he's the missing piece. But because you can't engage in the argument, you resort to sarcasm as a way to divert from the obvious points being made.

When its all said and done, Thibs would rather go 4 on 5 on the offensive end than 4 on 5 on the defensive end with an exception made for Randle. It is what it is.

We should've moved Fournier a year ago

Giannis just walking rught around randle
For layups smfh i dont know how i continue to tune in

I saw this dude wearing the wool Kith New York Knicks jacket in black on the subway today.

Thing cost almost 700 and dude was riding the dirty a** L train wearing it .

Watched Brook Lopez make 2 lazy 3s in a row and Randle brick 2 free throws. No RJ tonight again too? Gonna sit one out bois lmfao.

If there was a Most Regressed Player award, that would be Randle. How a player that has poor ball handling, has a FG 27% this season and averaging 3 TO's a game was an all star has to be mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom