Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Solve all of our problems by finally moving on from Thibs. He’s a good coach to change the culture, but isn’t the type that will lead a team to a championship.

Basically like Gallante was for the rangers the past 2 years as well. A coaching change did wonders for the rangers this year.

Grimes has assumed a role similar to the one Payton held in Thibodeau's system years ago. Despite Grimes primarily offering average defense, Thibodeau consistently puts him on the court like he's a star.

Unlike Payton, who displayed aggressiveness despite a flawed shot, Grimes' purpose on the team is unclear. There's hope that he can develop into a more significant contributor. While he emphasizes defense, he hasn't shown the ability to shut down premier shooters, at least as far as my observations go.

His defensive rating isn’t good either, which is why I don’t understand why he’s dubbed our best defender. He’s 13th on the team in def rtg, while providing nothing on offense.

Speaking of offense, RJ has be pretty bad since he came back. I think I’ve said it like every other day :lol: dude needs to find his rhythm again. Glad we’ve winning games though and Brunson continues to kill it. Randle playing well too. Hart and DVV REALLY make Grimes expendable.

Hart has been great these past 3 games

RJ and Grimes have been garbage

Grimes + some of the random picks we have for a wing at the deadline?

Grimes has assumed a role similar to the one Payton held in Thibodeau's system years ago. Despite Grimes primarily offering average defense, Thibodeau consistently puts him on the court like he's a star.

Unlike Payton, who displayed aggressiveness despite a flawed shot, Grimes' purpose on the team is unclear. There's hope that he can develop into a more significant contributor. While he emphasizes defense, he hasn't shown the ability to shut down premier shooters, at least as far as my observations go.
Your posts have been very well written lately, like newspaper ready :lol: And yes I’m high.

That’s what the coach is for, how does Boston make Tatum and Brown work, how does the Mavs make Luka and Kyrie work, how did the Dubs make Klay, Steph and KD work, how did Miami make, Lebron, Wade and Bosh work, how did Cleveland make Lebron, Kyrie and Love work. They are professional players that sacrifice parts of their game to try and win a championship.

Ya but thibs is not that guy..hes clueless

Solve all of our problems by finally moving on from Thibs. He’s a good coach to change the culture, but isn’t the type that will lead a team to a championship.
Even if he could bring a team to a chip, it's not this one. It's like when Pistons moved on from Rick Carlisle as winning coach because they saw their limit.

Even if he could bring a team to a chip, it's not this one. It's like when Pistons moved on from Rick Carlisle as winning coach because they saw their limit.

unless we actually obtain a tier 1 star, 2nd round is probably our ceiling with Thibs. he doesnt have the offensive mind to scheme/draw up plays when we need points in the playoffs.

lol
unless we actually obtain a tier 1 star, 2nd round is probably our ceiling with Thibs. he doesnt have the offensive mind to scheme/draw up plays when we need points in the playoffs.
So which one is then? Does the coach/team need a star or is he holding back this club? Them cries for some magical offensive scheme that’s infallible are foolish as all hell. If you’re looking for a spotless coach then you gonna be looking for a mighty long time.

Furthermore, all you hear from dude regarding offense is a constant preach about ball movement & taking good shots. They typically have good plays out of timeouts. They have personnel that like to cut now & Mitch is involved.

The offense caters to the team’s strengths. Dudes be too concerned over something that ain’t even real. Knicks finished top 5 in offense last szn and are among the league leaders again. Wtf else do you want? He supposed to suit up & knock down shots?

Fire Thibs is some basic level jackassery frfr. And the pitchfork bearers still not able to name a better solution. Even still, Knicks must stop what they’ve been doing despite the winning; tear the **** down & start from scratch.

Last edited:
Your posts have been very well written lately, like newspaper ready :lol: And yes I’m high.
I dare say this 🤡 has tightened up the grammar cuz there was some **** I seen that had me questioning if he took the short bus to school.

Still, saying nothing but nonsense in longwinded form and fancier terminology doesn’t make his takes any more credible or interesting.

Bottom of the barrel all by his lonesome.

10-3 over the last 13

I'll approach these stats and our winning record cautiously. We're securing victories against expected opponents but facing challenges against top-tier teams. Despite attempts to downplay our limitations, the reality is clear. I won't undermine our chemistry, but let's acknowledge the situation for what it is. 🤷
Screenshot_20231202_121346_Chrome.jpg

I dare say this 🤡 has tightened up the grammar cuz there was some **** I seen that had me questioning if he took the short bus to school.

Still, saying nothing but nonsense in longwinded form and fancier terminology doesn’t make his takes any more credible or interesting.

Bottom of the barrel all by his lonesome.
The idea that you'll never reach my level must be causing sleepless nights! 🤣

Definitely not thinking about how I can out-gump the gumpest gump in the land.

Your new shtick is WEIRDO behavior.

Sleepless my *** dork.

I don’t think we should make a move for Derozan. The good sneaky move we should really make is to trade Fournier + Grimes + 2024 DET 1st Rd Protected 1-18 & 1 2nd rd pick for Bojan Bogdanovic.

Derozan is more volume while Bojan is more efficient. Derozan does not spread the floor.

We own DET 2014 pick, but it’s protected 1-18, Detroit not gonna have a good record so that pick most likely won’t convey anyway, they can get their pick back along with a 2nd rd pick. They get their young player in Grimes and they get an expiring in Fournier, clearing the $20M due to Bojan, who’s not in DET’s timeline.

LINEUP
Mitch - Randle - RJ - Donte - Brunson

Bench
Hartenstein - Bojan - Hart - Quickley - McBride

Bojan would take some of OBi and Grimes minutes. Last yr:

9DAD03B2-7D26-4A8E-B3F3-C875A3978C80.jpeg

You might Say Derozan averaged 2-3pts more, but he holds the ball much longer and does not shoot the 3, not like he makes that up with defense. Bojan average 2.5 3pts per game at 41% and fills the back up position we need. We re-sign both Bojan and Quickley

Last edited:
I like Bojan as well. Wouldn’t be mad a that kind of scenario playing out, I agree bojan is a more capable floor spacer and knock down three shooter, but I also like derozan’s play making ability and I think he has better defensive capabilities than Bojan.

DD more durable at this point as well.

but yea, id roll with either guy.

Back
Top Bottom