Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Knicks really ****ed up by drafting Obi over haliburton 🤦‍♂️

Honestly one of the most head scratching draft decisions for a franchise that has a lot of them. I love Brunson and I'm glad he's on our squad but we passed on a highly rated PG in the draft when we had 0 starting caliber PGs on the squad to draft a PF that we didn't need. Haliburton gonna be top tier for the next 10-15 years

Honestly one of the most head scratching draft decisions for a franchise that has a lot of them. I love Brunson and I'm glad he's on our squad but we passed on a highly rated PG in the draft when we had 0 starting caliber PGs on the squad to draft a PF that we didn't need. Haliburton gonna be top tier for the next 10-15 years
It all comes back to Randle. We thought he was out for sure when we drafted Obi. Still would've wanted a PG considering we had god damn Payton the year before. I wanted to trade down for Haliburton but I don't think the kings were looking to trade up and Obi falling out of top 5 pick was at the time eyeopening to a lot of analysts.

I was high on Haliburton during the draft, him and IQ would've been a great guard tandem.

With that being said, we ended up rectifying that miss with Brunson. He doesn't put up the assist numbers Haliburton does but he has really raised the level of the team with his contribution.

I agree completely... out of all the picks we missed with knox and frank the most obvious one was obi... going into that draft you looked at all the possible pgs that we can draft and haliburton was there and I was sure the team would pick him but nope... draft obi instead just to sit on the bench then trade him...

Between Hali and Jalen, whom would you prefer to have?

I’d take both. Then 2 plus RJ and the current roster would do mroe noise than we would otherwise. Haliburton isn’t small by todays nba standard to play off the ball.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) Brunson is a better fit with a post up iso ball hog like Randle. I don't think Haliburton can play the same type of basketball with Randle on his team.

Back
Top Bottom