Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember when Grimes got up and leaked some news to the media about he wasn’t being utilized correctly or something a month ago?

Thibs never forgets :lol:

All I know is that tandem between IQ & Deuce coulda been special.

The nova boys + fans lowkey blew up the babybockers but here we are.

I agree that Thib is running his favorites into the ground.

But we gave Grimes ALOT of opportunities. Starter, off the bench, etc. He's an inconsistent shooter, not as aggressive as he should be, but scrappy on defense.
he's had his opportunities and his shot has been on the decline, but he should continue to have them. this is his first full season. his value comes from moving around and being active, but he's been told to stand in the corner and "just be ready. " it heightens the pressure more than necessary. we've heard similar things from other players

I have gripes with Thibs, mainly his rotations & lineups, but to give him all the blame when we lose with no credit for helping build a consistent playoff team is unfair.

Brunson & Randle completely broke out here. Vets who have bounced around the league like Hartenstein & Donte are playing the best ball of their careers. I do wish we handled Quickley differently but OG has been a great fit.

Also think fans tend to overrate their own young players. Barrett was always one of the more inefficient players in the league. Toppin is a spot up four. Grimes is a fine 3 & D wing. All could be replaced, especially if you're trying to get to the next level as a team.

go off some more so I can see who is and who isn’t watching all the games and players.

And by now hopefully we’d see those struggles with Thibs have been tied to Randle hand in hand. If anyone should shoulder more of the blame, as much as he’s continued, it’s Dubious. He is as selfish as they come and all the young guys had to defer to him.

Thibs needs to chill with the minutes... The starters shouldn't be playing 40+ minutes especially when you have a back to back... He's asking for these guys to get injured smh

go off some more so I can see who is and who isn’t watching all the games and players.

And by now hopefully we’d see those struggles with Thibs have been tied to Randle hand in hand. If anyone should shoulder more of the blame, as much as he’s continued, it’s Dubious. He is as selfish as they come and all the young guys had to defer to him.

The general NBA fan is seeing it first hand. My non-Knicks fans (jabronis) saw his lack of effort and hustle down the stretch vs the Magic and were appalled

The thing we need to not forget is that the Knicks can’t draft either.

So becoming emotionally attached to these players - you shouldn’t even allow yourself to get that far.

They going for the win now which is what everyone been calling for so this **** better work out. Never trusted Julius from day 1 and now he’s cost me everything I was hoping for.

Hyper critical fans scrutinizing professional babies and consistently downplaying their talents is equally as bad but that’s just me.

brunson and randle were on their way to becoming established nba players before they played for tom thibodeau. they already had playing experience.

i wonder how they would've faired as young, inexperienced rookies and 2nd year players under tom thibodeau. given the body count, i doubt they would have lasted as well.

this coach plays preferences. he's simply not a developmental coach.

The thing we need to not forget is that the Knicks can’t draft either.

So becoming emotionally attached to these players - you shouldn’t even allow yourself to get that far.
It’s good bull**** like this why I can’t really take dude all that seriously. What draft picks have you been watching these last few szns to say they can’t draft?

1705604112146.png

Randle was a reclamation project before meeting Thibs. He was an empty stats player and is now a 2x all nba forward since meeting this coach. He can never be your first option and that’s what he’d been parading as for far too long.

whether it's a failure of the front office in choosing players or thibodeau's failure to develop all the players he's been given, knicks drafts have, for the most part, not turned out well.

it's their acquisitions via shifty trades that have been successful and have helped the most

He’s definitely not a developmental guy.

And he’s absolutely going to run Brunson and OG to the ground. We just have to cross our fingers rn and pray he doesn’t.

One thing I think we can all agree on is - we didn’t know Thibs had this much power. I thought there was a fine line between management and coaching here. That’s definitely not the case.

regardless of drafting terrible I don't remember a player that has played a long time in a Knicks Uniform... every drafted guy gets traded and barely gets resigned... Mitch and RJ resigned but RJ later got traded... before these 2 we haven't resigned anyone since charlie ward lol

While acknowledging Thibodeau's impact on our team culture and legitimacy, I've consistently emphasized that his influence has limits. It's a paradox: Thibs can propel you briefly, but there's a risk he becomes a hindrance.

Crediting Thibodeau for Julius's performance seems absurd, considering Julius's prior success in New Orleans and Brunson's stardom flashes in Lukas's absence. Let's not exaggerate.

Hart, Ragu, and Isaiah were seen as valued role players by many GMs,. However, they succeed in Thibs' scrappy scheme better, but attributing all credit to him might be overstating it.

Back
Top Bottom