Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dream of a Nova reunion with Mikal joining the team is never gonna happen. The Nets would never trade an All Star caliber player in his prime to their local rival.

We need a PF who plays on a bad team that can come off the bench for us.

Think Bobby Portis before the Bucks, PJ Washington on the Hornets, etc.

I still think a lineup of Brunson-Donte-Mikal-OG-Mitch with a better bench gets us further than with Randle.

We'd solidify our defensive identity and have much better spacing.

We need a PF who plays on a bad team that can come off the bench for us.

Think Bobby Portis before the Bucks, PJ Washington on the Hornets, etc.

I still think a lineup of Brunson-Donte-Mikal-OG-Mitch with a better bench gets us further than with Randle.

We'd solidify our defensive identity and have much better spacing.
Randle is an all nba guy, and in a season where it’s obvious Brunson is the only other guy on the roster who can get his own shot, it’s wild to me some fans are still on this.

Mikal Bridges is the #1 on a team and scored 20+ points 3 times in the last two months of the season. He’s not that guy.

Randle is an all nba guy, and in a season where it’s obvious Brunson is the only other guy on the roster who can get his own shot, it’s wild to me some fans are still on this.

Mikal Bridges is the #1 on a team and scored 20+ points 3 times in the last two months of the season. He’s not that guy.

I'm not saying Randle is a bad player. He deserved all-NBA. I'm saying I dont think he's the right guy for this team.

Everyone on this team hustles, hits 3s, and tries on defense. These are 3 things he doesnt do.

Not saying Mikal is that guy either. He's a way better fit here though.

^ mikal would be a nice player on this team... but like others have said it will be difficult to obtain him especially since hes in BK... they not going to trade their best player to a rival team... might have to just wait until hes a free agent... I feel like we can fill in some holes on this team with the draft... so they have to take that seriously instead of trading the picks... if edey is available should we pick him?

The problem is that we currently score all of our points either thru Brunson or multiple efforts. Randle on his best day gives you a player who can score either creating his own shot or off the catch. He was posting up quite often too with no Mitch on the court successfully.

The only concern is his defensive lapses and with OG you can at least hide him on a weaker offensive player.

It brings a different element, but Randle in the post doesnt really work with our centers. Paint clogged up, for Brunson too.

I dont like how we went away from the lob threat with Mitch too. I just dont like the fit.

I think its more credit to OG for always making the right play with our 26-5 record with him, than the talent with Randle on the court.

It’s crazy just how endearing Knicks fans have been to Kendrick Perkins :lol:

I really don’t like him but even now I’m developing a soft spot for the guy.

I don’t even get how or why he’s so high on the Knicks being a former Celtic and not even a New Yorker.

But I appreciate that love he’s showing. I think he just likes the fact that the team just works and plays hard. And props to Leon for constructing a good squad and still stacking all these picks.

I don’t even get how or why he’s so high on the Knicks being a former Celtic and not even a New Yorker.

But I appreciate that love he’s showing. I think he just likes the fact that the team just works and plays hard. And props to Leon for constructing a good squad and still stacking all these picks.

Perk has actually been right the whole. He’s been consistent with his takes.

Especially on Jalen Brunson. Before anyone else in the media too.

I’ll give him his credit.

I’m ready boys. Going with H20 tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_5694.jpeg
    IMG_5694.jpeg
    475.7 KB · Views: 385
Back
Top Bottom