Official '24 NYK off-season thread, Mitchell Robinson trade

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like donte and julius... but lets be honest fit wise kat is a better fit... and the only reason this trade was made was because julius had no desire to sign the extension

I don't think Towns is worth what we just gave up. Contract year Julius is arguably a better all around player and honestly if someone just started watching NBA this past playoffs they wouldn't be crazy for thinking Donte is better than Towns as well.

We traded for the wrong Timberwolves, should been for Ant lol.
What are the chances KAT stays for more than two seasons? Also how was his relationship with Thibbs?

Offensively we're definitely better. Towns is a better shooter overall and he plays the 5 so we can stretch the floor at all positions. You can go small at the 4 and have a legit 7 footer still playing as a center without sacrificing spacing.

Defensively, we should be still be near the top. Towns can waver in mentality so I understand the concern but he defended well last season. I'm thinking they feel that the dog mentality you see in guys like Hart can keep him influenced and engaged.

We all saw you can only grit your way through the playoffs for so long.

My primary concern with the trade is Devo. He was truly an energizing force on the team. While many tend to focus solely on statistics, they often overlook the intangibles that make a significant impact. Devo played with grit, hustle, selflessness, and could score when needed. Last season, he consistently fought for rebounds, loose balls, and delivered critical shots, all while logging heavy minutes. Only time will tell if we can replace that, but in terms of depth, we've gone from elite to just MID!

As for Julius, while he had moments of brilliance, his lack of basketball IQ often hurt the team when he became frustrated and tried to force his way into the game. I'm impartial about his departure. Aside from scoring, I'm uncertain about what KAT will bring to the table.

We well have to see.

You lost two dogs in DVO and IHart this offseason while gaining two good players who are better talent wise but don’t have the same tenacity. That’s my concern. I really wish they could’ve kept DVO. We would’ve been an elite team.

Please bro…

He’s been practically begging to come to NY for a couple years on the low.

Going to Yankee games saying how much he loves NY. He’s thrilled inside. He knows it. :lol:

I was gonna say if that’s a Twitter thing if “…” meant being unhappy. Getting traded on a Friday night, a month before the season starts probably still takes time to digest. He wasn’t just gonna tag AE the Twolves with a ✌️ sign:lol:

With bridges and the other wings we have divo got lost in the rotation and wouldn't have enough playing time as last year... So we had to remove someone unfortunately...kinda reminds me of trading iq for og...it sucked losing IQ but og was a legit player....same with kat I just hate his contract...this is our team moving forward... I highly doubt we make more trades...deuce better not be traded either!

Last edited:
I was gonna say if that’s a Twitter thing if “…” meant being unhappy. Getting traded on a Friday night, a month before the season starts probably still takes time to digest. He wasn’t just gonna tag AE the Twolves with a ✌️ sign:lol:

nah i only said he doesn't seem happy cause i've seen guys who've been traded go on Twitter with a lil more enthusiasm than "...."

everyone i talk to and other fans reactions is pissed that Devo's gone, thats putting alotta pressure on KAT with the fans right from the jump. he starts out cold or looks bad early the fans are gonna be all over him, we've seen it before. just sucks but whatever , hopefully i'm dead wrong here

now if thats true :emoji_point_up: then .....

Pretty clear to see the vision of this move. Spacing should be among the best in the league.

Still need one more bench piece, though IMO unless they plan to have Bridges be the first sub & lead the second unit.

IMG_2382.jpeg

Pretty clear to see the vision of this move. Spacing should be among the best in the league.

Still need one more bench piece, though IMO unless they plan to have Bridges be the first sub & lead the second unit.

Who would start at the 2? Josh?

Back
Top Bottom