Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mikal Bridges is a knick

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obi grew on me, but I always think the pick should have been Halliburton. He's a 7th/8th guy who needs to play better defense and can't create his own shot, I won't lose sleep over losing him.

If we have a chance to make the team better with the current construction, then I'm good with moving him. This team needs spacing and 3 point shooting.

What's everyone's realistic ceiling for Obi? Do we see him as a starter in this league? Because I don't. 6th man at best, but I don't think defensively he can hold his own.

I just think the odds of us overrating our own rotation guys are very high... and the odds of us trading away a future stud are very low. Unless I'm forgetting a slew of prospects we traded away who ended up being major players.

how do you fumble an 8th pick like this
had high hopes for obi, but this system wasn't on his side
No one saw Randle having an All Star year and then having to sign an extension after that. Obi was the clear replacement and we were prob getting ready to let Randle go.

What's everyone's realistic ceiling for Obi? Do we see him as a starter in this league? Because I don't. 6th man at best, but I don't think defensively he can hold his own.

I just think the odds of us overrating our own rotation guys are very high... and the odds of us trading away a future stud are very low. Unless I'm forgetting a slew of prospects we traded away who ended up being major players.
The prospects we traded away tho were already proven to not do anything on our team like Frank and Knox. Obi still has decent production with his low mpg.

He could obviously jump very high but also can't step out and guard 2's or 3's on the perimeter. Struggles rebounding & still has mental lapses at times.

That being said, there's a place in the league for an uber athletic big who also shoots in the mid 30's from three.

He could obviously jump very high but also can't step out and guard 2's or 3's on the perimeter. Struggles rebounding & still has mental lapses at times.

That being said, there's a place in the league for an uber athletic big who also shoots in the mid 30's from three.
Is he a starter?

Can you play him in crunch time defensively?

Is he a starter?

Can you play him in crunch time defensively?

Starter for one of thirty NBA teams? Sure. A legitimate, consistent starter for a playoff team? I don't think so.

Also can't see him being relied on late in the game.

i'd much rather have Lavine than Beal if we're just dumping Obi, Fournier, and some picks. slightly younger, less expensive contract (not substantially, but still less), nearly identical career stats.

Obi has been a good team guy but there’s no place for him here.

He’s a good change of pace/highlight reel guy though.

my thing is thibodeau has a record of simply discarding/shunning players who he can't figure out how to incorporate into his limited vision.

playing with a playoff lineup over an entire season is not good coaching to me. it stunts growth, development, etc. that lack of creativity is this coach's burden more than it is a reflection of the player, but no one really addresses it

What young player has Thibs ever made better?

All he does is suck off Julius.

None IMO. Jimmy can’t be looked at because he’s built differently mentally and didn’t really come into his own until thibs got fired. Rose and Noah were also anomalies that would have succeeded anywhere. He just broke both down within 8 years of each respective careers. Which is why we need him out of the paint because he’ll do the same with Jalen.

But but but is Thibs guys ... come on.

Therr are better coaches, championship coaches getting fired but Thibs is untouchable.

That players poll that showed that most of the league doesnt want to play for Thibs was all I needed to know.

Back
Top Bottom