Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mikal Bridges is a knick

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20240625_222725.jpg

Attachments

• 20240625_222725.jpg
    20240625_222725.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 842
Mikal at worst can give you 20ppg as a starter. Adding him to this roster (even if we keep Hartenstein and Mitch starts) makes the team top 3 in the East every season. Those first rounders will be 25+ aka little value.

Not to mention it makes NY appealing and if we lose guys in the future, we can replace em via Free Agency and not have to depend on the draft.

Not giving up on bringing both OG and IHart yet.

We have early bird rights for Hart so what we can offer is limited, but with OG we have full bird rights. A team is going to make us overpay for sure, but I don’t think they let him walk after what we gave up to get him.

OG is priority 1a but I’m cool with whatever happens even if it’s just iHart that stays. But I would be real hyped if we kept bof’em.

Like others have said it's a lot of picks, but I respect if they believe this is the guy to spend it on. Of all the realistic trade options we had this season, I think Bridges is the safest choice. Don't have to worry about injury history, he can fit with multiple lineups, and he obviously has a history with our players.

Two days ago Begley said Hartenstein was a done deal to stay. Unless the Knicks are pulling their offer, this team is built differently and guys want to finish the job here. I think he stays.

Wondering if they attach tonight’s picks with Mitch to get a team to bite. If that happens, that’s gotta mean they got the assurance from IHart that he stays.

Back
Top Bottom