Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was it you that posted that Philly have one of the hardest schedules left?

I can’t find it.

Maybe I’m remembering wrong.

2FAEC5C4-E934-4D02-B19E-EE39CB724381.jpeg

0E57E6F0-125D-4991-836C-E760CCD40BEC.jpeg

Sixers have the second toughest, Cavs the easiest

When we say we are really one piece away ... do you guys mean ... keep everything as is or who are you guys cool with seeing go?

When we say we are really one piece away ... do you guys mean ... keep everything as is or who are you guys cool with seeing go?

Of course it’s going to have to be a trade - Which will probably include RJ, Grimes, and a Gobert level of first round draft picks depending on which Superstar.

Luka is next on disgruntled Superstar list.

Mavs and Mark Cuban have managed his tenure extremely poorly. Kyrie is most likely leaving in Free Agency/Sign-and-trade - Luka could be out here demanding a trade in a year or two.

Whether it’s the Knicks? IDK - But he loves New York, it’s his favorite city.

If we could trade for a versatile young 2-way star wing player (eg, Brown, Bridges) to join Randle/Brunson/IQ/Hart/Mitch, NYK will def be a championship contender.

If rj can average 20 points consistently every night this will be a really good team and won't need a superstar... We have two all stars in randle and brunson... I'm not against trading rj but it better be for someone elite

Getting Luka would set the team back. Continuity is king. Look at how well the spurs and warriors maintained their status. They kept the same core group. If we keep flipping players and adding names, we’re going to be like the Lakers. A bunch of names that can’t play together. Luka would take the ball out of Brunson and Randle’s hands. Those guys need the ball. You won’t like when Brunson is back to averaging like 15 points and Randle is hunting for his shot. Assuming everyone continues to improve, the only thing we really need is a knock down shooter.

Actually, OKC with Russ, PG, and Melo is another good example. Just bc you are a superstar on your team now, doesn’t mean you can mesh well with others. If RJ can get back to shooting 40% from 3 and improve on D like IQ has, I think we can be legit contenders. He’s up to 43% FG for the season, which actually isn’t terrible, but can definitely be improved. His defense needs to be better though.

RJ really hasn’t improved that much since year 1, Grimes is in a position where we need a little more offense and he might improve or he might stay who he is and Obi is blocked by Julius. Continuity wise don’t think any of those guys leaving would be a big deal. You still have Brunson, Julius, Mitch, IQ and we keeping Hart. So essentially the heart of the team stays.

Warriors is a whole different story though. They have the greatest shooter of all time and arguably top 3 pg of all time. Spurs was all about Culture and Possibly top 5 coach of all time.

RJ really hasn’t improved that much since year 1, Grimes is in a position where we need a little more offense and he might improve or he might stay who he is and Obi is blocked by Julius. Continuity wise don’t think any of those guys leaving would be a big deal. You still have Brunson, Julius, Mitch, IQ and we keeping Hart. So essentially the heart of the team stays.

Even if all that is true, who is not getting the ball anymore if we add Luka? All hypothetical, but if we add another guy that has a high usage rate, we’re going to get less out of our best players that already have high usage. Guys that we need to have a high usage in order to win. Luka is 2nd in usage. Randle and Brunson will not be happy playing 3rd fiddle.

Even if all that is true, who is not getting the ball anymore if we add Luka? All hypothetical, but if we add another guy that has a high usage rate, we’re going to get less out of our best players that already have high usage. Guys that we need to have a high usage in order to win. Luka is 2nd in usage. Randle and Brunson will not be happy playing 3rd fiddle.
Nah Def not on that Luka train for this team. You already know my Target guy is Ant. But would be curious to see what else would be available for that package.

real talk I’m torn on RJ, I was always against trading him and wanted him as our homegrown AllStar for years to come but after 4 years I just feel that he’s missing that next gear, I feel he’s stuck in neutral and won’t be that difference maker I thought he’d be.

I must be watching a different RJ Barrett than everyone else. I admittedly slept right through most of that game but amazingly woke up for the Dubious 🙏 being answered. What about this one doesn’t show any growth from the year 1 version?
His process and progress is a slow one but from what I can see it looks like a better midrange selection/decision making in the paint and footwork has gotten more fluid. Not just from Friday but all through this szn as well.

Fwiw, the dude has been in a constant role adjustment so far, from szn to szn. Nuances like those might have an effect on anyone’s play.

But I’m also not standing down on better Jimmy Buckets when he eventually puts it all together. It’s just that while he’s working thru all of this, he’s doing it under the brightest lights wearing the heaviest jersey.

And it can be a painful watch :lol:

Because of his physical limitations he’s just gonna have to get more surgical in his skill. And that imo is just going to come to work ethic [which no one needs questioning on from him].

I would expect the craftwork to take longer but at 22 I’m good with where dude is at tbh.

I think he likes playing Mia :lol: . Same squad he put 46 on last year.

Team gets 10 games over .500 and now RJ or every other dude born within months is the worst pick ever on any given night.

How about being happy about being ahead of schedule. The team is winning despite these never will be anything 22 year olds.

Let some **** rock maybe; at least until a can’t miss shows up.
And Donovan Mitchell in NY is not HIM like he IS in Cle. For all the Screamin A’s still crying
1678035870963.gif

Back
Top Bottom