Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So after sleeping off the disappointment of a loss, I wouldn’t crucify certain guys as much.

We get on Grimes but he’s shooting league average. He does need to apply himself more in big situations. IQ lost some millions, the postseason will humble you but showed growth. RJ needs to build off his best postseason yet. These are young guys getting a lesson. I’m not as angry with them overall.

The biggest ?s are Randle and Thibs. Obi as well too as he just doesn’t fit naturally. Randle and Thibs getting into it might be a turning point.

Randle is who he is, and it’s nowhere close to being a number 1 guy, but he’s a good player in a role that’s too big for him.

RJ on the other hand….he doesn’t do a single thing well on the basketball court.

He’s the guy to try and package somehow.

Randle isn't the problem but he is an issue in the playoffs. If he was just missing shots, whatever. Not giving even decent effort & having no attention to detail in a massive playoff game is unacceptable for any player. I think Thibs not holding him accountable is equally as big an issue.

Randle is going to make a second All-NBA team. He's a big reason why the team was in position to make the playoffs & eventually win a series. He has to either be better or get moved.

Randle averaging 16 points on 37% shootin

RJ averaging 19.5 points on 46.5%

This is this playoffs. So again you’re keeping randle over RJ?

RJ on the other hand….he doesn’t do a single thing well on the basketball court.

He’s the guy to try and package somehow.

RJ doesn’t deserve slander here. Hes been our second best and second most consistent player these playoffs.

Randle is more skillful, but his lack of effort and demeanor is a much bigger detriment to this team.

It's frustrating that during the season we'd have random breakout performances from guys like Obi, Quickley, Grimes, Fournier randomly starting for RJ and having 20+ but now when we need it most, none of those guys have done ****.

You watch the Lakers last night and dudes like Lonnie Walker going off, Heat got scrubs like Spruce having big games, etc and we can never count on one of the non-core players becoming unexpected playoff heroes

It's frustrating that during the season we'd have random breakout performances from guys like Obi, Quickley, Grimes, Fournier randomly starting for RJ and having 20+ but now when we need it most, none of those guys have done ****.

You watch the Lakers last night and dudes like Lonnie Walker going off, Heat got scrubs like Spruce having big games, etc and we can never count on one of the non-core players becoming unexpected playoff heroes

Yea but you need actual star players to take off some of that responsibility and help away from them. Lakers have bron and AD. We have Brunson and that’s it. And he’s hobbled.

I’m 100% certain all these players with random playoff performances would not get playing time with Thibs as coach.

Thibs doesn’t understand that you don’t have to be a lockdown defender to contribute.

I saw this earlier.

Where are the Knicks if Spo is the coach?

Where are the Miami Heat if Thib’s is their coach?

Knicks = ECF

Miami = Don’t make the playoffs.

I know RJ’s stats have been okay, but he’s gettting pairs like a second option and the guy doesn’t even have a counter move for when defenses key on him. Zero shake, loose handle, poor court vision and also poor defending for someone who has no excuse in that department. He should be a top 5-10 wing defender in the NBA and he’s pretty low effort/energy on that end.

What killed us more than anything yesterday was Mitch. We were getting killed on the boards and he was just not offering anything on either end.

Hartenstein deserves the lion share of the minutes rest of the series.

Yes, throw RJ away so he can enter his prime another team.

He’s for sure not getting any better and has peaked.

What does RJ do well on a basketball court?

Every advanced metric shows he hasn’t improved at all really. He’s absolutely someone they should package if they can land a bigger fish.

if this team cares we'll win tomorrow and I don't see us not winning 1 game in Miami...
Then game 7 in msg, anything goes

What does RJ do well on a basketball court?

Every advanced metric shows he hasn’t improved at all really. He’s absolutely someone they should package if they can land a bigger fish.

He’s probably the most clutch player we have who doesn’t hide from the shot. His only weakness is his lack of quickness and explosion which is why he can never be THE guy. But he is a legit 20ppg scorer. He’s shouting 46% this postseason after a horrible first 2 games. Yet y’all treating him like he’s complete 🗑️

I’m not a “faith” & “believe” guy tho. I leave that up to everyone else.

Those days of being forced to go to Catholic Sunday school are over for me bro.

Crazy that 3 point shooting was a big part of why we couldn't keep up with the Hawks in round 1 a few years back and then this season we can't keep up with the Heat because we don't have any consistent 3 point shooters except Fournier who gets 0 minutes

Back
Top Bottom