Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People doing too much analysis.

Let’s be honest they had to break the crispness and timing of the Heat offense. The Heat only had to in essence show out for 5 plays in a row. 5 plays and maybe 3-5 stops is between a 10-0 to a 10-4 run.

Now the Knicks have to go on a little run of their own. How were they supposed to do so.. Instead they tried to play with the lead and hold on to that lead.

Several strategies were used, none of them worked once they lost the lead.

What personnel changes would make them hold the lead? Or be able to mount a comeback

Aside from what was already mentioned, careless turnovers also killed the knicks.

A veteran team would protect the ball, get stops, make the right plays. Obviously this isn't a veteran team but I would look at this as a learning experience for them. Even though the team was trash with their FGs (outside of Brunson), one or two easy mistakes wouldve been the difference in winning a close tight game at the end. We wouldn't had to depend on Brunson to be a hero at the end if that was the case.

But overall, I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting them to go this far. So they exceeded expectations for this season.

I wish Tobias didn't get paid so much bc he's one of the few players I feel a team would give us for Randle. He's similar in age, has some inconsistencies but also has talent. I feel his faster paced style fits better with our young core than Randle's but he'd take up too much cap. Unless the 76ers will take Fournier + Randle which clears the money to rent him for 1 year

Lets fire it up! Throw them a protected pick too. Who says no?

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 8.02.27 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom