Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coupé It Coupé It you can always tag someone of you wanna throw shots and not look sawft in any way about it. Or be slick and ask for my opinion since it still rings your memory bell.

Still got my guy pegged as better Jimmy and still got you and others as nonsensical but looks like we’re all playing the waiting game.

It’s not lost on me that this thread in particular has become so one dimensional and sad that any motion in here you know it’s just on some negativity or gossip girl business.

That’s your lane Coupé It Coupé It but you don’t see me mocking you for it. Go on w/ your totally rational rants after every loss.

I think they want Quickley back but are trying to keep his value down because right now its looking like he's gonna cash out.

Averaging 15/2.6/2.5 on 45.5/39.4/87.1 almost 30 games into the season.

Those are career highs in PPG, FG% and 3PT%. He has to be our third best player at the moment.

rj has the lowest 3 pt % in the league.
he's dead last at 25% since his "migraine"
missing wide open shots and not stopping jalen williams doesn't merit closing out a game. he had 9 pts (14 pts total after late game padding

Last edited:
There’s a path to Dejounte and OG if we want to use every asset we have.

W.e it is, front office can’t stay quiet at the deadline. There won’t be a superstar available.

I’m not even disagreeing that RJ has been ragged since returning from illness. Don’t know what’s up but I’m just still patient given the youth component and the ethic. There’s that usual bug going around the league this time of year too.

The free throws and defense [mostly] this szn have been steady and improved despite the ups and downs of his development thus far.

I may be that patient but it depends on Thibs & Leon. His name has already been mentioned but he or Quick could be their biggest chips depending on the situation. Def don’t like trading a sg trapped in a sf body w/ Murray who’d be another backcourt addition to the fold.

As it stands, there’s no way for IQ to get a starting role in NY in the next few szns. That’s what he wants so I believe he may be as good as gone 😔

Last nite was not good for RJ or Thibs tbh

RJ has been disappointing while Quickley has been a killer. Might be time to just start IQ Brunson Hart Randle and Hartenstein and bring Barrett off the bench

I think OG fits this team better than Murray, but I don’t think OG is worth more. At this point, RJ needs to figure out what HIS moves are. Until then, he’ll keep hunting for his shot and continue to be an inefficient player. Hella disappointing considering how he started the season, but maybe he needs to come off the bench. IQ’s production will drop if he starts, so him and RJ should lead the second unit.

My thing with RJ is, you already figured out your spots and how to get to them. His problem is when he’s having a horrible game he forces the action just to get on the board.

Learn to become more of a playmaker when you’re having an inefficient night. Stop with the tunnel vision crap just to boost your ppg

I agree, but I think he forces it bc he feels like he need to. He was the 3rd pick and 3rd highest paid on the team, so he has to produce. If only he was more patient and played with better flow more consistently, like how the Bucks game on Christmas.

brunson, randle, quickley, ihart &, hart have very good numbers on both ends of the court.

this coach is still bumbling over lineups and who should get minutes.
at this point i feel like it's fair to question this coach's competence when it comes to those issues.

last night thibodeau made a terrible decision then gave some bs excuse about putting rj out there due to his length (rj is taller, but quickley has a longer wingspan). he went on to say that players need to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. quickley who was playing better had to sacrifice his playing time so rj could go out there and do more of nothing :lol:

this is all heaps of bs from thibodeau. he made a wrong move that furthered okc's lead.
own that **** and stop trying to play knicks fans

Last edited:
as much as I like IQ and think hes our best SG he is best fit off the bench imo... hes a spark similar to a lou will or giinobli...still think we should throw the bag at him and NOT let him walk... not sure if hes worth trading for murray... I rather wait until zion is available to be traded... dont see him lasting in New Orleans... I feel like him being fat is just his way of wanting out... and Im giving RJ the benefit of the doubt... he is going through a rough stretch... I think the knock on him is not his numbers but just how inconsistent he is

Just throwing it out there, What NBA player has improved after being a starter for his 1st 5 years. People usually improve years 2-4 and refine their game as they get older. RJ has not improved in 1 category except FT percentage and has actually regressed in a few others.

And if you saying it’s because Brunson and Randle are so ball dominant do you not think if RJ was more reliable he’d have more plays/touches etc and RJ as your starting SG vice SF son just doesn’t have the shot, explosiveness, athleticism, vision etc. He def needs to come off that bench but not ours for a 100 mil.

IDK with RJ man.

Can we call it a shooting slump when's consistently in the low 40s and low 30s year to year?

I think this is who he is.

Give Quick all the money.

At this point he deserves it more than RJ.

There is a brighter future with Quick.

Jalen Brunson taking another charge. Second in the league.

I love the effort. I love the heart.

But no way should our best player be risking it all all the time.

These are things RJ should be doing. Not Brunson.

I really thought he was gonna make the leap this year after how he played in the playoffs and for Canada smh

Back
Top Bottom