Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is OG going to move the needle though? We need a superstar here

Defensively, absolutely.

We never had anyone good enough to guard the Tatums, Giannis, Butler, etc.

I dont like OGs offensive game, he prob thinks he's better than he is. Even if he has a bad game, the defense will always be A1. With RJ thats not the case, if he has a bad offensive game, there is no effort defensively.

We weren't resigning IQ, so I'm not worried about that.

72ED69BE-A9E7-4F3C-B413-357FCEAD4E54.jpeg

2022-23 season to now

I don't love OG but for this team specifically, he makes much more sense than Barrett. Lower usage, better shooter, more willing to do the dirty work.

Makes even more sense if the front office is really focused on Donovan Mitchell.

team will have a lull before this coach figures it out
irks me that quickley wasn't used for a separate deal. i'm with this change going forward though

What saddens me about this trade and the Knicks overall is the ongoing bad luck and turnover we've experienced. Despite opportunities to draft superstars, we've often fallen short. Even in seasons where a high draft pick seemed inevitable, luck didn't favor us. We've been linked to great players, but made mistakes by overvaluing our youth or mishandling potential acquisitions. It's frustrating – when will we finally get it together?

For instance:
- In 2017, we chose Frank instead of Donovan.
- In 2018, Knox was picked over Mikal or Shai.
- In 2019, slipping to #3 meant missing out on the chance for #1, and we ended up with RJ, known for being an inefficient volume scorer.
- In 2020, we opted for Obi instead of Tyrese, despite widespread calls for the latter.

😥

Do you think IQ is good enough to take that next step like Brunson? Brunson was dominating in the games Luka was out and showed that ability early. IQ has gone off in a few games where he started but he's also had some really poor games where he started and looked lost. I think he'll be a solid 18/8 starting PG but not like a 25/10 guy that makes a team a contender

Possibly. Brunson only had to play 2nd to Luka. IQ played 4th to Brunson, Randle, and RJ. The latter is due to draft position. I think he’ll have a ton more freedom in Toronto. We’ll see what RJ can do now that he’s probably the 2nd/3rd option again, but with less ball dominant players. I’m more so tired of drafting guys and either not fully developing them or dumping them too soon. Mitch might be the only Knick we’ve drafted and kept for more than 5 years in like 30 years.

Possibly. Brunson only had to play 2nd to Luka. IQ played 4th to Brunson, Randle, and RJ. The latter is due to draft position. I think he’ll have a ton more freedom in Toronto. We’ll see what RJ can do now that he’s probably the 2nd/3rd option again, but with less ball dominant players. I’m more so tired of drafting guys and either not fully developing them or dumping them too soon. Mitch might be the only Knick we’ve drafted and kept for more than 5 years in like 30 years.

I honestly want Quickley to succeed in Toronto bc he was a good player for us. Coming into a season where he wanted an extension and/or to start, he came in ready to ball out rather than mope like a lot of guys would do so I appreciate that a lot. He also embraced NYC when a lot of guys in his situation would've just faded into the background. I think he's gonna be a name in the league for a long time but it just wasn't feasible here

Back
Top Bottom