Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the expectations for our “big 3” are unrealistic. We have a Randle who is a All-NBA capable, but lacks maturity. Brunson came in and is playing how many expected, an All-Star. Then you have RJ, who was drafted to be Batman, but is 3rd in the pecking order. He’s young and needs the ball to develop, like all our young guys. I think that 3 works, bc 2/3 tend to play well. we’re dead in the water when all 3 play bad. The issue is how these guys are coached.

TT is full of ****
only time he takes advantage of that depth is when someone is hurt or when his job has been on the line
and now mitchell robinson will be out for a while

I think the expectations for our “big 3” are unrealistic. We have a Randle who is a All-NBA capable, but lacks maturity. Brunson came in and is playing how many expected, an All-Star. Then you have RJ, who was drafted to be Batman, but is 3rd in the pecking order. He’s young and needs the ball to develop, like all our young guys. I think that 3 works, bc 2/3 tend to play well. we’re dead in the water when all 3 play bad. The issue is how these guys are coached.
Yeah expectations for RJ is high but it's kinda like the Kawhi situation where he was overshadowded by Tim, Manu, and Tony Parker. Granted that 3 was already past their prime and on their way out and expectations for Kawhi weren't the same when he was in his first 3-4 years. He needs to take the next big step if he wants to become the face of the team.

We need a poll. Y’all trading Randle or RJ?

I'd trade Randle. I feel like you can get more back from another team with him.
Definitely Randle. His trade value is higher and he is older than RJ by a couple of years. Both are inconsistent players but Randle plays worse under pressure and lacks maturity as a leader. Dallas, LA and Miami could certainly use him.

Yeah expectations for RJ is high but it's kinda like the Kawhi situation where he was overshadowded by Tim, Manu, and Tony Parker. Granted that 3 was already past their prime and on their way out and expectations for Kawhi weren't the same when he was in his first 3-4 years. He needs to take the next big step if he wants to become the face of the team.

I think the issue is that Randle and RJ are similar players that don’t compliment each other. I think RJ, as well as other guys, are forced to hunt for their shots bc the offense doesn’t run through them. This what I was saying about the adjustment with Brunson. He’s absolutely what we need and our best player, but he’s another guy that further reduces the touches of our young guys. Positives and negatives. However, RJ is actually having a more efficient season, while putting up the same numbers, with Brunson this season. He just needs to stop starting the season so slow. Been 4 years of this.

I think the issue is that Randle and RJ are similar players that don’t compliment each other. I think RJ, as well as other guys, are forced to hunt for their shots bc the offense doesn’t run through them. This what I was saying about the adjustment with Brunson. He’s absolutely what we need and our best player, but he’s another guy that further reduces the touches of our young guys. Positives and negatives. However, RJ is actually having a more efficient season, while putting up the same numbers, with Brunson this season. He just needs to stop starting the season so slow. Been 4 years of this.
It's similar to how Amare and Melo not mixing well together because they were both ball dominant and played similar spacings. RJ and Randle both being left handed kinda makes it easier for the defense to know where they're going. There's games that all they had to do to randle was force him right and as soon as he picked up the ball, double him. Gaht damn black hole.

the weird thing about benching cam was he was playing decent when he was a starter... then all of a sudden he got hurt and grimes was back from sitting out the start of the year and once cam was back healthy he never got off the bench...I really dont understand the rotations... hart has been playing terrible you can easily put sims in there instead but now that mitch is hurt hart is still going to play...it might explain all the leads given up because you got the starters playing a ton of minutes because thibs wants to have a short rotation...like that mavs game when rj went out... instead of putting in another wing to replace RJ you just stick to an 8 man rotation even though RJ is out... that game went to OT so with a short rotation a lot of guys were playing 40 plus minutes...it just shows how dumb thibs is as a coach or should I say stubborn

the weird thing about benching cam was he was playing decent when he was a starter... then all of a sudden he got hurt and grimes was back from sitting out the start of the year and once cam was back healthy he never got off the bench...I really dont understand the rotations... hart has been playing terrible you can easily put sims in there instead but now that mitch is hurt hart is still going to play...it might explain all the leads given up because you got the starters playing a ton of minutes because thibs wants to have a short rotation...like that mavs game when rj went out... instead of putting in another wing to replace RJ you just stick to an 8 man rotation even though RJ is out... that game went to OT so with a short rotation a lot of guys were playing 40 plus minutes...it just shows how dumb thibs is as a coach or should I say stubborn
Pretty sure Brunson missing FTs late in the game is attributed to being tired after playing 40+ mins. What were is mpg when he was on the Mavs as a starter?

I'm convinced the 10 or so games Cam played where Grimes randomly just sat was strictly to showcase Cam to trade him. They probably thought they'd be able to flip him after that.

Nobody ever loses a rotation spot bc they got injured for a few games.

Ya see the schedule coming up?

just read we had the 4th easiest schedule up to this point and have the 2nd most difficult schedule for the rest of the season.
Not looking good fellas. Smh.

No Mitchell Robinson and the second toughest schedule remaining. We might start hearing boos again.
This is what y’all been waiting on, don’t try to be low.

If the defense starts to struggle I wanna see how the Mitch naysayers contort & twist to still downplay his worth.

It’s unfortunate that Mitch is out but that’s just more opportunity for Sims coming up8).

And thankfully, it’s not a leg injury.

Back
Top Bottom