Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you like RJ or not we are in Year 4 and the excuse of “he’s trying to adjust” or “there aren’t enough plays for him that’s why he forces a lot” are no longer Valid excuses.
Year 1 who was he adjusting for
Year 2 who was he adjusting for
Year 3 who was he adjusting for
Year 4 who was he adjusting for

Year 1 and 4 are really the only years I can think of using that excuse and Year 4 he should already be adjusted to Brunson after 60 games. And after 4 years and being the 3 pick And the team being kind of Dookie for 3 of them and you were using the excuse that he’s not getting enough plays for him should probably tell you something.

Last nights game was on Thibs and Randle really.

Thibs had zero adjustments (once again his main weakness). iHart was in game wayyy too long and Fox was driving to rim at will. No reason for Mitch to be benched all 4th.

Randles missed FTs and crucial turnovers didnt help.

We had a legit shot to win despite playing like trash in the 1st half.

We all know who Ja Morant is (on the court). We all know who Zion is (on the court). We all know who Darius Garland is..

These dudes are all from the same Draft class as RJ. They’re all the same age. :lol:

I’m supposed to “believe” in some fairytale that RJ will become an All-Star or Superstar one day? :lol:

I know who RJ is already. I know it all too much. This isn’t giving up on him - this is just who HE IS.

And there’s nothing wrong with that. Those that are still expecting him to become a superstar are the ones upset, and that’s on you. Like I said, I’m cool with having him as the 3rd guy averaging close to 20ppg. He just needs to be more efficient and defend better.

Last night everyone played like trash. How are you gonna show RJ’s 9/23, when Randle was 8/22? IQ was 1/11. Yet somehow you think it was RJ’s fault that we lost? Neither Randle or IQ played well against Charlotte either, but it’s always RJ this or RJ that.

Everyone played like **** last night besides Brunson and Hart. That’s true.

We had no right to even be that close. It’s the offensive boards that kept us in that game.

I'm probably one of RJs biggest fans and I hope he takes that next step but his shot has been off all year. He definitely plays better with the second unit. I think that's because he gets more touches and can get into more of a rhythm

I'm not going to sit here and entertain this argument. Everyone knew who RJ was and if they didn't, they don't know BB. Dude is not athletic and he's a volume shooter.

Like someone mentioned, he's not Zion nor Ja. Also, if ya hate dude so much, before sayong this and that, look at his numbers. Besides the Boston game, you have to go back almost a month for another bad game.

Anyways, we can be critical but dude has been solid for a 3rd option. Major flaws, dude has blinders which I agree for just a 3rd option he needs to do better. I just don't get all the bashing.

At the end of the day, my stand is fire Thibs. Everyone is riding high because the winning streaks and so on. However, dude has no adaptability, offensive schemes or set plays. When we get bounce in the 1st again ... no one should be suprise. Teams will adap and make adjustments, but we will continue to do the same ****. Unless the team can overcome those deficiencies on pure will ... i see nothing more ....

brunson is the glue no doubt, but last night's numbers imply rj was indeed forcing his game

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 9.17.04 AM.png
So who else should have taken those forced shots? Who’s game did he take away from that woulda changed the outcome? Who had the hot hand?
I’m waiting for IQ to have a bad week before the 180 flipping again. Let QG have more O-fors and the Donovan Mitchell glizzy goblins start foaming at the mouth.

You can say this player has adjusted faster yadda yadda yadda but development isn’t linear. It doesn’t click for all people at the same stages.

****, even if you do believe that it should be a linear, upwards trend, it will help to go by age rather than league tenure.

Really gonna sit here saying Hart has adjusted quicker than RJ; as if Hart isn’t in his prime right now & hasn’t been traded a number of times.

IQ has adjusted well to coming into the game with the ball in his hands having the green light. The starting rotation has nothing to do with his role because nothing has changed.
So many false equivalencies just make for a **** argument. Gotta do better than that.

But at least, my g don ramon don ramon not out here dying on such a pathetic hill like still shouting to the heavens for a coaching staff and FO makeover.

im still not cool with settling for a 3rd pick from the first round falling to a third option because of his inconsistent and inefficient play. is he even really the third option at this point? he's a starter, but not a closer. it feels like quickley has surpassed him in recent times as far as being a dependable, go to player.

with every season that passes i feel like there's more acceptance/complacency about this guy. he's not athletic, his game is half full, his defense has regressed, etc - we acknowledged this in real time, but i feel like some people switched up into "well, let's look past all that and focus on the bright side of things." he shouldn't be left off the hook because brunson and randle are having great seasons and it sweeps rjs inefficiencies and inconsistencies under the rug.

i've always believed that rj plays in the shadow of julius randle and would be better off with the second unit or playing between both, but that probably won't happen because this coach continues to use a hammer to open the door instead of using the set of keys he's been given. i still despise tom thibodeau and think he's a hack who's survived on past years' credit, but am more focused on players' potential these days.

Agreed on everything.

RJ would be best as a 6th man on a contender imo. That would be the role that would put him in the best position to succeed. Ball in his hands always and making plays against lesser talent (Opposing benches).

LMAO ...

Dudes be on some funny **** .. . Real pathetic type of funny ****. **** ia humiliating to see .... a grown man acting like a bitter scorned ***** ...

Yikes.

So let me ask you this, do you think IQ will be as effective as a starter? If your answer is yes, then I can’t take your opinion seriously. The same reasons why you think RJ would be best as a 6th man/playing more with the second unit is the exact reason why IQ is effective. If you start him, at least on this team, you take the ball out of his hands and relegate him to being a catch and shoot player, which he is not.

LMAO ...

Dudes be on some funny **** .. . Real pathetic type of funny ****. **** ia humiliating to see .... a grown man acting like a bitter scorned ***** ...

Yikes.
are you in the correct thread? no one's been talking down to or attacking anyone else here so not sure about the approach you're taking

are you in the correct thread? no one's been talking down to or attacking anyone else here so not sure about the approach you're taking
Obviously you aren't reading .... you probably over looking it cause you're cool and open to dialog.

So let me ask you this, do you think IQ will be as effective as a starter? If your answer is yes, then I can’t take your opinion seriously. The same reasons why you think RJ would be best as a 6th man/playing more with the second unit is the exact reason why IQ is effective. If you start him, at least on this team, you take the ball out of his hands and relegate him to being a catch and shoot player, which he is not.

i don't really know the answer to this. was never my point to imply that iq should move up into the starting 5, but rather point out how he has played better to where he's being considered in a different light than a starter like rj - from fans, people in the nba and even this coach. he's a good 6th man and his capacity to continue being so seems greater/better suited than rj's capacity to continue being considered an integral part of the starting 5. barrett staggered between the first and second units could perhaps help him gain a little more control of his game

great play from the bench. obi scoring, jhart pushing the tempo, quickley being a nuisance

absolutely nothing from randle and rj

I disagree with this post.

Statistically IQ performs better with more minutes, which means he's playing with/against a combo of bench guys and starters and is pretty much playing starter minutes in his best performances.

In games where he has gotten the start he's at 18/4/4 shooting 43/35/72. There's a dip in FT% but his shooting numbers aside from that are pretty on par with his career numbers. He's starting right now as I type this and is performing admirably.

Despite what my biggest fan might think, I’m going to be highly critical of the coach if he brings him back in this game.

Never said any coach was perfect or beyond reproach for that matter .

Back
Top Bottom