Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Listen, I'm not sure who can we hire to replace Thibs .. but know if Thibs is back this is as far as we gonna get.

Randle just needs to go .... you can't play bad and then be contagious bro .... at least support your teammates man.

While this might sound ungrateful, is really not man. I think Thibs did a good job in NY, he made this place exciting and relevant and I would never take that for granted, but it is time to bounce man.

I would absolutely have him as an assistant but thats about it.

I know we all hate SAS. I get it. But his voice is still powerful in the Basketball world. It pushes.

Him saying this right now means a lot (even tho he’s LATE because we’ve been saying this forever).

He’s basically putting the Knicks front office on front street to BETTER trade Julius Randle.

I’d rather do one more year of Thibs and see what happens with Randle off the team. He’s problem number one right now.

But here’s the issue with that..

Randle is Thib’s GUY man.

He’s the only player Thibs doesn’t hold accountable. Preferential Star treatment for a guy who was NEVER a star since he came to NY.

Damn SAS just killing these dudes trade value :lol:

The League has known for YEARS who/what Julius Randle was/is.

It’s no surprise.

We’re not getting ANYTHING substantial back for him and that’s fine with me…

Honestly I’d get rid of Julius for FREE if the NBA allowed it.

But here’s the issue with that..

Randle is Thib’s GUY man.

He’s the only player Thibs doesn’t hold accountable. Preferential Star treatment for a guy who was NEVER a star since he came to NY.
Yeah that whole relationship is butt juice. I just worry about being too disruptive after this season. It’s a breakout year for the team, Brunson and even RJ. Too much change too quickly can set us back. If we do one more year of Thibs and it makes us out at the 2nd round, I’d move on completely. But Randle needs to go. And we need more scrappy guys. Veteran leadership, clutch shooting and poise killed us. Watching this Lakers game and a guy like Reaves could be a good player to target to lengthen the roster.

If we were gonna play Rose 0 minutes bc he's washed, we should've just signed Melo for the minimum and let him chill til the playoffs. He's a better scorer than Love and that goofy grandpa was hitting open 3s on us all series

IMG_9206.jpeg

Nerlens Noel petty as hell bruh

Randle gets mad hate and I get it.... But if he just improved the little things he can be a great player... He already is good as is but still needs to improve... He needs to get better on defense, he needs to improve on offense and actually pass the ball instead of acting like kyrie in the paint and he needs to have better body language instead of acting like a child if hes not getting foul calls or if the team is losing

Randle gets mad hate and I get it.... But if he just improved the little things he can be a great player... He already is good as is but still needs to improve... He needs to get better on defense, he needs to improve on offense and actually pass the ball instead of acting like kyrie in the paint and he needs to have better body language instead of acting like a child if hes not getting foul calls or if the team is losing

HE WONT

They’ve been saying s since Julius rookie year.

You’ve been a Randle guy, you still believed and held some hope for him…

FINALLY you’re on our side :lol:

He had an awesome regular season. Thought a legit point guard & better team would lead to a better playoffs.

Really disappointed this is what we got.

He had an awesome regular season. Thought a legit point guard & better team would lead to a better playoffs.

Really disappointed this is what we got.

He did….

But no matter how well he did in the regular season…even if earned the All-NBA and All-Star nods to put on his résumé…

Some of us just never trusted it. I didn’t. And it sucks, I didn’t want to be right.

I mean think about it... we really played better than expected and jalen balled out... I still would like to see year 2 with jalen and randle... as much as id like to trade randle like everyone else I dont think teams are really trying to get him like that...rj played great in the playoffs and IQ was injured and just didnt play well... still think we are 1 player away....we resign hart and let go of rose and either resign IQ or obi...if we can somehow trade fornier for someone decent like buddy hield or just someone who can shoot and play defense we should be straight...

That's asking for a lot.

Back
Top Bottom