Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Randle is who he is; a mental ****** that is a net negative when he’s not having a good offensive game. He puts himself first at all times, makes Melo look look Gary Payton with his total lack of effort on defense and his ball IQ is amongst the worst in the league.

As long as he’s here we’re first round exit bound. Time to part ways.

Last edited:
great season

Fire Thibs, maybe hire Nick Nurse. Over-reliance on Hart cooked us, those RJ + Hart were awful because of the spacing. Brunson and Randle aren't staggered enough, one of them should have always been on the court (then again Randle sucks). Thibs is a great regular season coach but he's way too stubborn and It'd be nice to have a coach that might actually attempt to play small every now and then

Randle definitely needs to go but unless we're swapping him with another star it's going to result in a step back cause he can grind out regular season wins. This is probably a 50-win team next year even with minimal moves

Re-sign Hart, trade Obi for a wing that can shoot, or maybe for a late first (and then draft a wing that can shoot)

Sign Seth Curry, Jae Crowder DiVencenzo or anybody that can maybe make an open 3-pointer.

shoutout to Brunson

What are the odds we can convince Middleton to come here in a sign and trade? That consistency, leadership and shooting would help big time. I can’t believe Fournier is an 18m cap hold and has another year on his contract.

Austin Reaves could be a good scrappy player to try and pry away from the Lakers. He was pesty af last night.

Grimes has to work on his jumpshot - hell most of the Knicks do.

But it’s so much more important for Grimes.

He had to become a legitimate shooter if he wants a long NBA career.

I think Grimes is fine as a shooter. Shot 38% over the last two years on four and six attempts per game.

In the playoffs he was dealing with the shoulder injury and I think a big part of his inconsistency is rhythm. Tough to stay consistent when you get four shots a game and they're 15 minutes apart from each other. Really should have tried to run him off pin downs instead of just finding him in the corner off a double.

I will say a reliable mid range would help him. He has a quick first step but has a tendency to go all the way to the rim if he beats his man then leaves his feet to make a decision in the air. A two dribble pull up in his bag would be great.

Knicks are too easy for Sports Analyst to pick apart. It’s clear now to see how they are actually constructed.

There aren’t many players available to fill their only need and they already tried to bring that player out of retirement. Weird that the Knicks would benefit the most from bringing in Draymond Green.

Just look at what happened with the Nets .. when they gambled on Simmons.

I think Grimes is fine as a shooter. Shot 38% over the last two years on four and six attempts per game.

In the playoffs he was dealing with the shoulder injury and I think a big part of his inconsistency is rhythm. Tough to stay consistent when you get four shots a game and they're 15 minutes apart from each other. Really should have tried to run him off pin downs instead of just finding him in the corner off a double.

I will say a reliable mid range would help him. He has a quick first step but has a tendency to go all the way to the rim if he beats his man then leaves his feet to make a decision in the air. A two dribble pull up in his bag would be great.

All good points but what worries me about Grimes’ shot is not the misses - it’s how bad he misses them. They’re not even close sometimes - even before the shoulder injury.

Pure shooters don’t miss that way.

Still time for improvement tho. He has heart Plus he seems determined. We’ll see.

Buts it’s possible.

Seth Curry would actually be a great fit here. Having a knock down shooter that’s also dangerous when you run them off the line would do wonders for our ball movement.

Our lack of assists was a huge detriment in the playoffs, too much one on one at times. Having a player like that would mandate that we move the rock.

Problem with Seth is that he’s short, a liability on defense, and he’s not physical enough.

Grimes has all those attributes - so if becomes a great and consistent shooter he’d be such a valuable 3-D player.

What are the odds we can convince Middleton to come here in a sign and trade? That consistency, leadership and shooting would help big time. I can’t believe Fournier is an 18m cap hold and has another year on his contract.

Austin Reaves could be a good scrappy player to try and pry away from the Lakers. He was pesty af last night.

Nah too injury prone

We need a small ball 4 who doesn't need 5 dribbles before making a decision or doesn't choose to fadeaway over every defender. Just runs the floor, can hit an open 3 and will actually defend.

Sounds like Jerami Grant now that I think about it but he's a FA so there won't be involvement there.

To many hot takes ... who we rather play in the conference finals BS.

Told ya cats, Thibs has a cap ... he can't game plan for a 7 game series. He strategy is to ride his star to the ground. Look it up!!!

We exceeded exceeded expectations... 1st round exit was my cap.

50 wins is cool and all, but if our guys can’t perform in the playoffs, what’s the point? Randle, IQ, Grimes, and Obi all contributed little to nothing. I’m cool with moving all 4 of them for established players with playoff experience in the 22-27 year old range. Guys like Crowder have stayed in the league bc of the little things. He would’ve been a great 4 for us in this series imo.

50 wins is cool and all, but if our guys can’t perform in the playoffs, what’s the point? Randle, IQ, Grimes, and Obi all contributed little to nothing. I’m cool with moving all 4 of them for established players with playoff experience in the 22-27 year old range. Guys like Crowder have stayed in the league bc of the little things. He would’ve been a great 4 for us in this series imo.

Title Teams always have that "X Factor" guy. Shane Battier, Brook Lopez, Robert Horry, etc. Not big names that dominate a game but they contribute in multiple ways when series are tight. We never have anyone like that

Obi had some really big moments in the Cleveland series and game 2. He hit a couple of big shots last night as well. With another offseason he can become a really good rotation player. I wouldn’t move on from him yet.

Title Teams always have that "X Factor" guy. Shane Battier, Brook Lopez, Robert Horry, etc. Not big names that dominate a game but they contribute in multiple ways when series are tight. We never have anyone like that
Josh Hart was exactly that player until IQ went down and he had to go to the bench. We just need more depth and skilled players.

Bro Thibs a ****ing idiot man.

He should of have done something different like what he did with Clev which worked .... against Miami he gave up on everyone and didn't do nothing different.

Anyways, we should see if we can aquire Bridges.

Hope it’s Thibs gone before Randle. He’s about to run Jalen to the ground like he did with Rose in Chicago.

1. Doubling Jimmy unnecessarily
2. Losing every 2nd qtr which led to a loss every time
3. Not going small early on
4. Iso every single possession
5. Not running plays/screens for Grimes
6. Not even giving 1 minute to our best 3pt shooter

I feel like even if we have Lebron or Curry hed somehow get out coached by a lesser team.

The players aren't going to complain, but in today's NBA ... no way you look at Thibs and not say "he's going to ruin these young players". All them dudes from Chicago looked like corpse after they left playing with Thibs minus Jimmy ... dude is built different.

FpS7BLhaAAAFseZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom