Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d argue that it’s worse to pay Fournier $18 mil a year to not even play

1704240258322.gif

Agreed. People don’t watch games anymore and just look at the box score to determine if a player is good. Stats don’t tell the whole story.
I literally watched the game lol. That was just a way I could explain it with a number. 2 things can be true. But yea, IQ & RJ leaving is the end of the world I guess

Seems like we’re tryna be the greatest mid team of all time. Let’s just play it out. No need to go after these players that don’t really move the needle

we could have a Curry, Booker, Luka, AD, Jokic lineup & someone would be complaining cause we don't have Tatum

we could have a Curry, Booker, Luka, AD, Jokic lineup & someone would be complaining cause we don't have Tatum

reminds of this old lady that was miserable at my old job... she coulda won the lottery and complain she only won 10 million

I literally watched the game lol. That was just a way I could explain it with a number. 2 things can be true. But yea, IQ & RJ leaving is the end of the world I guess

Huh? Wasn’t even talking to/about you. It was a general statement on how fans assess players these days.

I was saying if someone think RJ is good and worth that contract then all they do is look at stats and Fournier an expiring contract so nowhere near as bad.
Fournier has played 109/197 games since he was signed his 4 year $73mil contract. He’s an expiring NOW after he’s hardly played the last 2 seasons. Again, at least RJ was on the court. Literally paid Evan $18m each of the last 2 years to warm the bench. Stop being such a hater and use logic. Shouldn’t have signed him if he wasn’t going to play.

RJs contract is fine. Most the players in that range arent even as good as him.

We’re slandering RJ too much. He was the 2nd best player on a 2nd round team last year. Dude works hard and plays hard when it matters.

He has his flaws as a player, so not mad the team moved on. But to think he was some throw in? Nah.

RJs contract is fine. Most the players in that range arent even as good as him.

We’re slandering RJ too much. He was the 2nd best player on a 2nd round team last year. Dude works hard and plays hard when it matters.

He has his flaws as a player, so not mad the team moved on. But to think he was some throw in? Nah.

Exactly his contract was relatively cheap vs his production.

Need to start stacking some wins. I'd say sitting one game out of 4th in the conference is a good spot considering the schedule to this point.

Also have the 10th easiest schedule ROS.

Fournier getting paid 18m to sit on the bench is crazy.

Which is why I don’t understand why RJ got so much hate here. Did I want more from the #3 pick? Of course, but we’re paying millions to a dude that can’t sniff the court. Yet the 23 year old that came in and always put the effort/work gets dragged. Only Knicks fans smh.

Need to start stacking some wins. I'd say sitting one game out of 4th in the conference is a good spot considering the schedule to this point.

Also have the 10th easiest schedule ROS.

We need to start beating the elite teams. Beating the Bucks and Wolves was a good start.

Everything said about RJ since the trade has been the equivalent of "she has a good personality". Yes, he's young. Yes, he worked hard. He was also a flawed, high usage player who didn't really fit with the two All-Stars.

Fournier signing was years ago when we desperately needed shooting. It was good process but obviously has not worked out, in large part to simply getting players who are better than him.

Back
Top Bottom