Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sucks McBride gonna be the odd man out come playoff time. Thibs not going past 9 deep

Brunson/Burks
Donte
OG/Hart
Randle/Bojan
iHart/Mitch

I'm okay with these roster changes. I believe we acquired decent players in return. My only wish is for Duece to keep running the offense off the bench instead of Burks returning to point guard. While Burks can score, his court vision is lacking, and he tends to prioritize shooting. Bojan is essential for keeping the defense honest. Yet, when comparing Bojan and Evan, what's really the distinction? 🤣

Man, the thing with Grimes…

Had the look of a knockdown shooter…it just never came to be. I root for him to flourish elsewhere…

BUT…Bojan off the bench with Deuce and Burks, with Deuce…and eventually IHart shifting back if Mitch is back before the playoffs…LOADED.
People will always bring up the fact that we didn't get Donovan Mitchell because of Grimes being untouchable.

Bojan has one year remaining on his contract. And it's higher than Fournier's salary as well. It makes even better for the Knicks organization

NO PICKS!!!!

LEON IS COOKING!!! OMG!!!

Welcome back Kobe Burks!!

"The New York Knicks have acquired Bojan Bogdanovic and Alec Burks from the Detroit Pistons in exchange for guards Evan Fournier, Quentin Grimes, Malachi Flynn, Ryan Arcidiacono and two second-round picks, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski."

Ryan gone too ...

What's our closing 5 is my real question? Gonna be hard to figure it out with Randle out and our lingering health issues but would lean toward:

Brunson
OG
Bog
Randle
Hart

You win in the playoffs with physicality/size/rebounding and would feel comfortable with those guys going against the Celtics who have a plethora of wings like that.

Brunson, Randle, OG, Hartenstein should be givens.

Last spot would depend on the situation. Could go Bojan for some size & offense, Donte for shooting, Hart for defense & rebounding. Ton of versatility

if everyone was healthy we got a really good lineup... reminds me of Detroit in 04...

PG Jalen, Duece
SG Donte, Burks
SF OG (out), Hart
PF Randle (out), Bojan, Precious
C Mitch (out), Hartstein

Let Donte start and be the shooter to fill out the starting 5. He’s proven he deserves it with his all around game including his better defense than I ever expected.

That’s what I was most excited by - his passing lane ability is top in the league

I dont think its a matter of who is better mitch or jalen... we already had jalen as a free agent so it was redundant to trade for donovan... and if you traded for donovan its a bad fit and a small backcourt... it would make sense if both guys were good defenders

I dont think its a matter of who is better mitch or jalen... we already had jalen as a free agent so it was redundant to trade for donovan... and if you traded for donovan its a bad fit and a small backcourt... it would make sense if both guys were good defenders

but thats my point. trading for him made no sense when we already had Jalen, BUT Jalen is also the better player this season. i've posted in her multiple times that i was never for a Donovan trade bc of the bad fit having 2 small guards that dont play D.

Back
Top Bottom