Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

Lamar_Odom.jpg

=

x-factor.jpg

Gonna be a tough series....I hope nobody underestimates Orlando.

Dudes are LEGIT and it's tough to contain a team with that much shooters and you've got a beast in Dwight Howard living on the block.

Lakers have to be disciplined in defense. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson now.

With that said though, I do believe that the focus will be on another level for the Lakers. This is where they wanted to be all season. I hope people stillunderestimate our frontcourt.

I like how y'all said Denver's froncourt is gonna abuse us....yeah...how'd that turn out
laugh.gif
Not that I'm comparing Denver's frontcourt toDwight...i'm just saying, ours is no pushover.

I do think this will go at least 6. I have us winning in 6. I'm pretty confident that we will. We have experience and we have the best player in theseries. And unlike the Cavs, Kobe's cast > Bron's cast.

With that said, I can't wait till this starts.

pulling for orlando. pietrus and foyle go get your rings!

if bynum is effective, orlando might have to go big with hedo, rashard, pietrus/lee, GORTAT, d12
hedo basically runs the point

orlando doesnt have the same mismatches adv
but if they can hit the 3ball then they will have a chance

lakers in 6, if jameer was healthy
ohwell.gif

not a lakers fan but kobe getting his 4th ring would be
pimp.gif

First game @ Orlando the Lakers were up 9 at the half and lost by 3: http://www.nba.com/games/20081220/LALORL/boxscore.html

Second game vs Orlando the Lakers were up 8 at the half and lost by 6: http://www.nba.com/games/20090116/ORLLAL/boxscore.html

The Magic shot 41.4% from 3 against the Lakers in those two games. They're shooting 36.7% from 3 for the playoffs, but shot 40.8% against the Cavs.

The Utah Jazz shot 34.9% from 3 during the regular season and 34.2% vs the Lakers in the first round.

The Rockets shot 37.5% from 3 during the regular season (35.2% w/o including McGrady) and 29.9% against the Lakers in the Conference Semis.

The Nuggets shot 37.1% from 3 during the regular season and 31.3% against the Lakers in the WCFs.

The Magic shot 38.1% from 3 during the regular season and the Lakers allowed teams to shoot 34.5%.

As of...?...the Lakers are 4th in Offensive Efficiency accordingto Hollinger. Orlando is 5th.

The Lakers are 4th in Defensive Efficiency. Orlando 2nd.

I think the Magic will take it...if they can beat Boston (yes I know they were depleted) and Cleveland I don't see why they can't beat LA.
Thing is, the Lakers 4/5s should play better than either Boston or Cleveland's. Boston was out KG and Powe. Z and Verajao didn't do muchworse than they did during the regular season.
kobe will not let his team lose. no chance
We heard that and the majority of the media's choice of the Lakers to win last year too.
longest week ever....i got my money in the lakers winning in 6...if bynum Odom shows up to the finals!
Fixed. Bynum won't be able to stay out of foul trouble enough to affect more than one or two games. The Lakers are probably unstoppable ifOdom plays well.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I said it earlier this year but the Lakers MUST win game 1. Lets get it!
Of course, didn't u hear the stat that PJ is undefeated in series they take game 1

And Boston was 32-0 in elimination games on their home floor. Until this year.
Phil Jackson isn't Boston's coach tho
laugh.gif

Who's talking about coaches. I'm talking about streaks. They end, and they only tell you about the past.

lamar odom is my favorite player lol..i hope dude shows up...sucks having all this pressure on him..especially the finals

Its going to be real interesting to see how espn hypes this series up. What they going to talk about? How Brian Shaw coaches the lakers n use to play for themagic?

so according to Dwight Howard they're gonna win because of God?!?!?!?!
dude seriously needs to lose his "religion" cuz its all screwed up.

Its funny because the Magic was a complete matchup problem for the Cavs. But the Lakers are different

Hedo vs West
- west was 6 inches shorter than hedo, which is why Hedo always got his way. He could shoot over anyone on guarded him. Now he faces Ariza who is quicker, abetter defender. he's 6'8 but has a long wing spand. Its gonna be tougher for Hedo to score.

Rashard vs Varejo
- Varejo wasnt really a offensive threat. He doesnt really post up or even look for his shot. He was slower. Rashard now faces Odom, Pau or Bynum. Odom is thesame size as Rashard and is a much quicker defender. Pau and Bynum will DESTROY rashard on the block but i dont really see them guarding Lewis.

Dwight vs Z and ben wallace.
- Dwight will get his way with Pau and Bynum, but he will also have to guard them. Pau is a crafty post player with one of the best offensive games from the PFposition. He's a quicker defender and longer. It wont be easy either.

Lakers in 6

Originally Posted by solefob

so according to Dwight Howard they're gonna win because of God?!?!?!?!
dude seriously needs to lose his "religion" cuz its all screwed up.

and premarital sex with a Orlando cheerleader is a win from God too. doesn't mean a thing what dwight says. it's the team makes the best adjustments asthe series progresses that will win it.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

First game @ Orlando the Lakers were up 9 at the half and lost by 3: http://www.nba.com/games/20081220/LALORL/boxscore.html

Second game vs Orlando the Lakers were up 8 at the half and lost by 6: http://www.nba.com/games/20090116/ORLLAL/boxscore.html

The Magic shot 41.4% from 3 against the Lakers in those two games. They're shooting 36.7% from 3 for the playoffs, but shot 40.8% against the Cavs.

The Utah Jazz shot 34.9% from 3 during the regular season and 34.2% vs the Lakers in the first round.

The Rockets shot 37.5% from 3 during the regular season (35.2% w/o including McGrady) and 29.9% against the Lakers in the Conference Semis.

The Nuggets shot 37.1% from 3 during the regular season and 31.3% against the Lakers in the WCFs.

The Magic shot 38.1% from 3 during the regular season and the Lakers allowed teams to shoot 34.5%.

As of...?...the Lakers are 4th in Offensive Efficiency according to Hollinger. Orlando is 5th.

The Lakers are 4th in Defensive Efficiency. Orlando 2nd.

I think the Magic will take it...if they can beat Boston (yes I know they were depleted) and Cleveland I don't see why they can't beat LA.
Thing is, the Lakers 4/5s should play better than either Boston or Cleveland's. Boston was out KG and Powe. Z and Verajao didn't do much worse than they did during the regular season.
kobe will not let his team lose. no chance
We heard that and the majority of the media's choice of the Lakers to win last year too.
longest week ever....i got my money in the lakers winning in 6...if bynum Odom shows up to the finals!
Fixed. Bynum won't be able to stay out of foul trouble enough to affect more than one or two games. The Lakers are probably unstoppable if Odom plays well.

They shot better because who was guarding their shooters. Hedo vs 6'3 West, Rashard vs Varejao Wally. The Cavs had MAJOR matcup problems

They shot better because who was guarding their shooters. Hedo vs 6'3 West, Rashard vs Varejao Wally. The Cavs had MAJOR matcup problems

I understand that. The problem with the Lakers isn't always the match-ups, it's the IQ. The Lakers usually do a horrible job rotating, especiallyLamar. This problem is exasperated by the Lakers porous PG defense.

Another problem is the Lakers tendency to try and match a team 3 for 3. The problem is that the Lakers usually force their 3s in that scenario while the otherteam is moving the ball for open 3s.

If the Lakers play a disciplined game, the series doesn't make it back to LA. If they're up and down, the series still might not make it back to LA,but likely goes 7.

Somone get Bynum a pair of these please
glasses.gif

nike-foamposite-lite-kryptonate-slam-dunk-contest1.jpg

Kobe go to the rack
Get Dwight in foul trouble
Run out the three point shooters
Lakers in...i dont care just bring it home

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I understand that. The problem with the Lakers isn't always the match-ups, it's the IQ. The Lakers usually do a horrible job rotating, especially Lamar. This problem is exasperated by the Lakers porous PG defense.

Another problem is the Lakers tendency to try and match a team 3 for 3. The problem is that the Lakers usually force their 3s in that scenario while the other team is moving the ball for open 3s.

If the Lakers play a disciplined game, the series doesn't make it back to LA. If they're up and down, the series still might not make it back to LA, but likely goes 7.
not only that, sometimes their defense looks like garbage. easy drives to the bucket or 3 sec defense fouls. LA needs to come with energy and playsmart basketball, they have more talent than any team in the league, but they have to play smart and odom has to be a factor and bynum too. but then again,which howard will we see, superman or clark kent? cause game 6 he was great, other games not so much, with that one handed hook shot. all the lakers need todo, is force him a little bit out of his shooting zone, and it's weak hookshot after another. besides, howard is not very smart. he picks up fouls reallyeasily, and someone like gasol is smart enough to take advantage of that

Kobe, Ariza, Odom, Pau and Bynum. Let's go Lakers!!!!! Must win game 1. Orlando swept us in regular season. They are no joke like someone else
laugh.gif

Lakers in 7. I have no idea who can guard dwight if he plays every game like he played tonight.

Back
Top Bottom